Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our Dear Gerald

Forum Member
    What a lovely bloke rip Gerald you will be missed xxx I remember joining the forum last year when my dad was diagnosed with mnd he was so kind and understanding big hugs to all his family x xx

Forum Member
    RIP Gerald, so sad you have gone. xxx

Forum Member
    Seriously pink chick
    Dad had your email address in his address book. Wondered who it was.
    He made a lot of friends on here.
    Thank you all for your kind words.
    Dads funeral is on Monday afternoon. X
    The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.......

Forum Member
    Just to reflect how popular Gerald was the church at St Marks , Marske was full. It's a large church that was packed. His old colleagues from Cleveland police were there in numbers with his police helmet on the coffin. Christine was able to attend being pushed down the aisle in a wheelchair. I hope that Christine and Jo were touched by the turnout reflecting how well respected Gerald was and giving Ged a good send off.

Not surprised Bilando, he was so radiant here on the forum.

Thanks for that, Terry

Forum Member
    The funeral is another milestone, an opportunity for everyone to pay their respects and show how loved a person like Gerald was. I hope that has warmed your heart 'the beauty within' but oh how lonely you must be
    I am sorry for your loss
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXOOO

Forum Member
    Thanks for sharing that Bilando.

Gerald’s generous spirit, kindhearted words, and great sense of humor sailed across an ocean. His words often moved, advised, and supported me that went beyond mnd, and my dear friend. I felt sincerely honored, and privileged he considered me his friend, and shared his thoughts, and emotions with me on matters that were most near, and dear to his heart.

Gerald, and I continued our conversations even as his illness progressed. What moved me so deeply was that even as his body was succumbing to his illness his thoughts, and heart remained solely devoted to his family. A great testimony to the amazing man, father, and husband he was. Gerald shared with me the incredible magical Christmas his daughter Jo made for all of his family. He also knew it was his last, and was so thrilled, and happy that it was so special and wonderful.

This forum is indeed a unique, and very special place to be even in it’s darkest hours. It brings together the human spirit, hearts and minds. Creating unique bonds, and friendships that at one time could never be because of the physical boundaries.

I already miss my friend, just over the pond. Much love and comfort goes out to Jo, and his family during the difficult days ahead.

CCxoxo

I've just returned from New Zealand and seen this news. I'm gutted. Gerald was a huge support to me when caring for my Dad.....I'll miss him. Much love to his family and friends x