Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excessive sticky tenacious phlegm.

Physio here on Friday to demonstrate stacking your breathing etc. it has really helped Joe to get phlegm up. Not sure, perhaps his problems are only beginning but it works for now.
    CiaraX

can you take Mucadyne through a peg

i have suddenly got lots o
    f sticky secretions in my throat so much that sometimes it blocks my throat and i have to use the nippy in the day.

my one question is how often do you take it and is effective via a peg as that is only path of food and drugs into me.

Geraldine

[QUOTE=Hazelnut;45982]i have suddenly got lots o
    f sticky secretions in my throat so much that sometimes it blocks my throat and i have to use the nippy in the day.

my one question is how often do you take it and is effective via a peg as that is only path of food and drugs into me.

Hi Geraldine,
    I do not know if taken via a feeding tube mucadyne would be effective ,but as mucadyne is available in capsule /tablet form ,maybe worth asking the nurse who looks after your peg if mucadyne liquid will affect the tube !. What I have found that is if you put a teaspoonful of butter in your mouth, the will loosen the sticky phlegm making it easier to spit out.

Pete
    X
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    hi,
    i have been taking mucadyne liquid through my PEG twice a day for about 2 yrs now, if you keep up good PEG care with flushes there shouldnt be any problems. As far as i am aware the liquid version works just as good as any other tablet or capsule.
    mik

pete mik.

been taking the mucadyne via the peg and it works . get a bit out of puff at times so i use the nippy for about fifteen minutes. I am so releived that it works.

Take care both of you

Geraldine

Thanks Pete - about the butter another thing I could try. By the way your inbox is full!! x

My physio told me Sunday that she couldn't here anything on my chest. She thinks It may some of the muscles in my throat collapsing and is blocking the saliva going down. It may not be mucus or phlem but saliva. Trying a few different things to sort it.
    David