Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shall we buy a tablet?

I have assistive technology coming to see me later today, I am so excited as to what she is going to show me and how they can help

Hi Jan

if you go for it make sure they order the wheelchair mount and bed stand at the same time as they order the tablet. I have had the AAC equip for 2 wks now and have to wait another 2 wks to use it. Frustrating doesn't even cover it.

Good idea Steve, I definately need a stand as my ipad is so difficult to hold these days

Forum Member
    Jan I recently bought a tablet holder off Ebay, it is basically a small padded cushion which sits on your lap and you lay your iPad on top. Worth looking at.

Thanks Trevor, that is a really useful bit of information. I am going out this weekend to buy a laptop as I really want to keep working as long as I can and upon discussion with the Technology lady she is going to visit again once I have it to show me some aids which may help in the future such a head mouse. She is also going to discuss with the power chair people as to having a joystick on the chair which will also help with the computer. I cannot do my work from an i-pad and having been self employed for 30 odd years I am not quite ready for day time TV!

Hi Jan

i work 4 days a week from home. I recently did an article on eyegaze, not sure if it would help anyone looking in.

http://mndsouthyorkshire.org/news/68...y-your-stories

Thanks Steve

she did mention this but thought the head mouse at the moment may be a better option as eyegaze depends on my eye positioning to a great extent , most days my eyes are swollen which make things impossible

good luck with whatever you choose.

Jan,
    Make sure the laptop has a USB 3.0 port, as the new generation eye tracking devices require one.
    Future proof your investment!
    Ellie x

Will do Ellie, thank you x