Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: plates of meat

willsandco

plates of meat

Hello all. Does anyone else have really cold feet and toes? I have never suffered from it until this winter. I have fallen badly twice and bent my toes under my feet in the process so I don't know if it is anything to do with that or with circulation. My feet just get so freezing. Is it another by product of MND? Any comments appreciated. Love Joycie

TJ_ASG
    I experience cold hands and feet. Down to inactivity I suspect.

willsandco
    I don't know because I am still moving about, not as much but I still am up on my legs.

Trevorhb
    I have always had cold feet and hands and have been told it is due to my slow heart beat. I would say now Joyce it is due to lack of activity, I have a rug around my legs when in my recliner and that helps. Really look like an old man now.

Steve
    My feet are like blocks of ice. I'm told it is due to poor circulation. I wear thermal socks 24/7.

Jock
    I'm Scots so my DNA does not allow me to suffer the cold. Seriously both feet are swollen, but this has seemingly insulated them from the cold. My hands are fine too, but people seem to find me warm blooded. I don't go out much and we have the heat on more often than not this being NW Wales.

Trevorhb
    When you are inactive it is very important to raise your legs, otherwise your blood will pool in your feet causing swelling.

Davec
    Sharyn s feet were like blocks of ice, like Steve thermal socks did the trick together with a pair of IKEA foot warmers, thanks to our Marie Curie Nicci!

willsandco
    Oh, so there probably something in it all then! I will get some socks on then - have been borrowing Peters! I just wake up in the night, with all the bedclothes on, and my feet are frozen! Thanks all xx

willsandco
    are you still happy with your recliner, Trevor? I am having to expend a lot of energy to get out of chairs these days and I will soon have to be looking at sourcing a chair. Seems like it is the way forward. Joycie x