Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grieving

My guess is "Yes" and you must rest! XX

Forum Member
    Dave you are and will be emotionally drained, which in turn will make you feel so tired even after a good nights sleep. I know when I lost my wonderful Mum I was so very tired for a long time afterwards.x
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Part of the grieving Dave . Exhausted all the time and no interest or enthusiasm for anything. Will pass with time. I am sure it will be different for everyone but you will find you have to drive yourself.
    Don't rush at it, it is still very early days.

John

Dave. Do you have a nice user friendly GP? Would it be worth having a chat with him/her if this continues for too long? Xx

Thanks all! Gp is fantastic, she will be checking up on me tomorrow!

Dave,
    I remember when I was grieving my mum's death. I think the exhaustion is due to a few things. I think yes, the many weeks you went without sleep and the stress. Something else - there is SO much processing going on inside you now trying to make sense of everything.

I think in my case, emotions were trying to adapt to the world without my mum. I did silly things like lock my keys in the car, forget appointments, trip over things. It took a while for me to "right my ship" And you will, too!

((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Lynne
    Be Strong and Courageous!

Forum Member
    Dave it's the physical and mental exhaustion , it catches up on you, your sleep pattern has also been disturbed over the time you were caring for Sharyn and your body gets use to less sleep, you have to get your sleep pattern back and this will take time, your mind is so overactive if you are anything like me I wake up after about 4 hours. It will improve given time, keep strong Pam x.

This thread is much needed but so so sad. I've just read each post and am sobbing uncontrollably as I write.
    I still have my Mum but I can feel your strength, loss, loneliness and sadness.
    Life is so cruel but oh so beautiful.

Sending you all much love.

Xxx
    WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL xxx

Love your posting and your quote Pinklollie! XX

Forum Member
    Having read these threads from so many wonderful people, it makes me once again realize that we are all the same basically. We have all became so closely attached to our loved ones we were fortunate enough to have known for brief or long cherished times.... because humans quite simply crave love and close associations with the ones we care about. When we lose that close contact it is simply devastating....and it can take varying lengths of time to begin to move on with our lives.
    I lost my beautiful bride Thea in September 2013 after our first meeting 41 years earlier (she was only 56 when we lost her to MND), and for a year I would burst into tears when a conversation drifted into familiar 'Thea' territory. We had been childhood sweethearts and had made two beautiful sons together
    It was only after I made a ceramic plaque with one of my favourite pictures of Thea on it, and placed it in one of our special spots overlooking the ocean, that I could visit when I needed to ( not the crematorium), that I was able to feel some sense of closure commencing...the plaque was something only Thea and I had a hand in making, (except for the people I commissioned to make it). Every time I went to our special spot, and sat and had a quiet talk to her, I felt she would be saying..it's OK....don't be sad...
    I still well up on a regular basis but I am much better at a quick recovery...simply because Thea is still saying...it's OK....