Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Grieving

Hugs Nettie xxx
    WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL xxx

Forum Member
    Maccaman.... That was a lovely post to read, your Thea will always be with you in your heart and mind. X
    Nettie and Pink lollie... Hugs. X

Springtime x
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

What a wonderful post Maccaman!
    Today my grieving took the form of clothes shopping! I went to an area, where previously nothing but nothing would get me there, but I am now not being told off for looking sulky or for stomping feet!
    I bought lots of shirts, seems I ve shrunk a bit, and best of all donated to Marie Curie to a wonderful lady wearing the daffodil hat! The sun is shining and I have been with my Sharyn sat as we did on our seat!

Well done Dave. You're doing well! Xx Nettie.

Dave,

I wouldn't overdo the spending just yet. I lost 1.5 stone after Irene's diagnosis and have put on 2.5 stone since her death. Maybe comfort eating, maybe old age and slowing down but I find I can wear very little I wore at the time of her death.

John

Thanks as always John, but I hope to go on holiday soon, next couple of weeks hopefully! Plus you look healthier than me!
    Got to look the part and I intent running for Mnd so I could do with losing weight!
    As to grieving I cannot believe it is nearly a week

Forum Member
    Hello Dave, you are doing extremely well, I think your buying stint today is retail therapy. Take things a day at a time, Saturday will be a hard day with very mixed emotions I'm sure. Take Care.
    springtime
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Dave,
    When you said it "seems I've shrunk a bit" it sounded like you had lost weight as I did. I was just preaching caution as the loss may be temporary. If you plan running you shouldn't have my problem with weight gain.
    All the best.

John

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davec View Post
    What a wonderful post Maccaman!
    Today my grieving took the form of clothes shopping! I went to an area, where previously nothing but nothing would get me there, but I am now not being told off for looking sulky or for stomping feet!
    I bought lots of shirts, seems I ve shrunk a bit, and best of all donated to Marie Curie to a wonderful lady wearing the daffodil hat! The sun is shining and I have been with my Sharyn sat as we did on our seat!
    Well done Dave...the sooner you get out and about and put some sunshine into your life the better I feel. Buy those clothes, see that movie, sit on your favourite seat....it is all part of your grieving process obviously, and it is where your heart and mind are taking you at present. Don't feel guilty or worry about anything at all..as you have been through a tough time and you need to enjoy your life. I retraced our honeymoon on my own as soon as I could, and I enjoyed those places we both loved...it was teary but was also fun as I ensured I shopped, wined and dined and enjoyed the scenery the way we both would have. All this helped me put my head together in terms of what I wanted to plan for my long term grieving over Thea....it was during this time I came up with the idea of the plaque and it was just a matter of searching for that right place....which I eventually found. Keep that sunshine in your life....heaven knows there are enough rainy days....

Two of the lovely Marie Curie nurses visited me today to see if I was ok! Caring people!
    I took some roses to the Macmillan local care ladies they too have been marvelous to my Sharyn
    I went to the gym, ran longer and stayed in the jacuzzi longer! Problem was I dashed home at the usual time, forgot I don't have that routine anymore! It's all about time!
    Last edited by Davec; 19th March 2015 at 19:44.