Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No extra toilet after all

Forum Member

No extra toilet after all

I have spent most of the day feeling sad and beaten, and all over a toilet!! I know its so silly of me, but my husband in spite of all the lotions and potions recommended is constantly becoming constipated. He has spend nearly all day, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today sitting on the toilet. (he finally managed to go today)
    Because of this I had arranged for somebody to come and divide our back porch up. and fit a toilet in one half. So after having cupboard etc taken out, I have now been told by the builder he cant do it, because the space isn't big enough. (although he had measured it when he agree the job)
    I know its stupid, but I was convinced our 1 toilet problem would be over soon.
    It seems as though there is so much with MND that is needed or having to be modified, theres no end to it. I know I shouldn't rant, but its all chasing one thing or another and I am still wating for the bio bidet to come (its now been 7 weeks) and we really needed it weeks ago.

Springtime
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Forum Member
    Sorry you're having problems Spring. Constipation is just another problem Jim could do without too. Hope you're OK.

Forum Member
    Hi Springtime, sorry to hear about your set back but I'm sure that something will work out regarding the toilet situ! My mum has constipation sometimes, she find that a fybogel can help (either that or plenty of prunes!) I think it is important to keep hydrated as that can help him go.
    Hope the bio bidet comes soon! x

Sorry to hear that Zep;

Don't know what to say.

Love Terry

Oh Jane.!
    I know just how you feel. Its so disappointing when you try your best and it doesn't work out. I can assure you that you are not alone with this one! We can't get a bath or shower in downstairs at all .... just a little sink in with the little downstairs loo by sacrificing my pantry! Its got to be done though!
    We've been battling with the wretched constipation too. Its to do with the PEG food despite it having fibre as one of the main constituents. Suppositories wouldn't stay in and even only 1 pack of Laxocol had most far too good an effect. Work in progress so to speak.
    As to your loo .. have you tried another builder? It would be such a shame to give up.
    Best of luck Jane. You work so had and do so well!
    Love from NettieX

Forum Member
    Hi Nettie, tonight I feel I have lost the capability for me as a Carer to keep fighting for one thing and another.
    Unfortunately toilets are 24/28 inches in length which only leaves 13inches to wall. My fault I suppose I should have looked into toilet sizes myself, thought you could get them smaller. And to add to that hubby so needed the bio bidet but no sign of that either, sometimes you just get fed up of fighting don't you. Never mind Nettie tomorrow will be a better day I'm sure. Hugs to you and Trevor. Xx
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Jane, keep your spirits up, other your love and hugs it's all I have xxx

Forum Member
    Would this one be any good Spring? http://www.saniflo.co.uk/homeowners/...t-description/

You get the most unattractive aspects of Nettie coming out in that sort of situation. I get so angry and frustrated which gets me absolutely nowhere except exhausted. When you're trying your hardest for your nearest and dearest and other people let you down it's just the pits! Don't blame yourself. You can't check on everything and shouldn't have to after all.
    I'm worried about this doorway enlargement and sink in our little loo. If it doesn't work out it'll be a lot of money "down the drain" LOL.not!
    As for that Dave! He's great isn't he with his reliable support and hugs!!! Well done Dave! You are a food 'un!

Good one Trevor, I was thinking of the old high level cisterns, probably a similar size. It's hard Zep, even when I was well, I'd have to go and look and measure. Anything out of the normal needs so much research. I can understand your frustrations,.

Wish I could help, hugs, Terry