Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a day this has been!

Forum Member

what a day this has been!

I must tell you all this! Peter and I went to a wedding today in a lovely old church near Newark. I was pushing the rollator when the church warden said "there is a hidden step, watch out!" Too late! Far too late! The rollator keeled over and I fell, bruising my shins. The men in the back pew came to my aid - and very lovely they were too, accompanied by their ladies, all bedecked in their wedding finery. We sat alongside them in the back pew.

Before I went, I had prepared a flask containing orange squash with a bit of "Thick and Easy" in it just in case I had trouble drinking the table water. I needed tissues, so I reached in my bag but, to get to them, I had to remove the flask. I put that on the pew beside me. We had just finished the wedding declarations when I heard the woman two down from me say "your flask is leaking!" and it was true! A river of liquid was travelling down the pew towards them and, worse, the ladies had wet bottoms from where they had been sitting down. We were both horrified! Well.... Peter flew into action and took all the tissues I had and wiped all the orange squash away. Then, after the service, he had to go and apologise! They were all OK about it, thank goodness!. It was an accident after all! Trouble is, I can t talk and that makes it more embarrassing!

But, worse, when we got into the hotel, they both leaning up against the radiators drying their dresses off! I pushed the rollator outside and Peter accompanied me and I am sorry to say we just laughed and laughed.

We had had the episode in the week of losing the stools sample and the prospect of going into Staples to see if we had dropped it in there! I thought that was bad enough!

Peter said to me "I hope this is it now!"

But no! I sat at the wedding reception by a lovely man who said he was Welsh. I didn't have my IPAD so I wrote on a piece of paper " Wales won their match today" He just put his head in his hands and said "I didn't want to know. I have it recorded at home!" It was then I turned around and Peter had his head in his hands as well

I reckon that It is since I have MND - Is it because I can't talk any more, cant move as well as I did, am having to carry more stuff around with me? - or perhaps having MND is increasing my sense of the ridiculous! I don't know!

I really don't know why these things keep happening to me these days! My life has always been filled with fun and frolics but this week................well, this week has been extraordinary!

What I do know is that I am safely home - so far, so good!

Just thought you would like a "funny" story to read!

Much love to all

Joycie x
    Last edited by willsandco; 21st March 2015 at 21:27.

Hi Joycie

An eventful day indeed! And an eventful finish to the 6 Nations!

Kind regards

Dave..
    "Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers!" Homer Simpson

Forum Member
    yes, missed all the rugby today. Will catch up soon. Roll on the world cup xx

Hi Joycie;

Let me know when you're going out and where, I'l stay well clear, LOL.

Love Terry

PS:- hope you are OK and have not damaged anything apart from your reputation.

Joycie.
    I do hope you have no serious injuries. This the second time this week you have made me laugh and I know we should take these things seriously. Please try to stay safe.
    Love
    Barry

Forum Member
    No, no serious damage. Just a bruised shin. I do take care but sometimes unexpected things happen. I have no intention of sitting in waiting for Godot. I know I am wobbly these days but I am just trying to get around on my own steam for as long as I can! The last thing I want is to be injured. Love to all Joycie xx

Forum Member
    Joycie are you writing the script for Miranda Hart. If not you should be you are so funny, I am so glad you are ok but you have made me laugh this week. Love Pam X keep safe x

Thanks for giving me such a laugh Joycie. I'm not sure what the lost stool sample story is, but imagining what it could be made me laugh too. What a lovely, funny story Keep us posted of your next trip out. tc Becky x

Forum Member
    Becky, I had to do a stool sample for doctor so I said to Peter "I will put it in my bag and when we come back from Staples, we will hand it in" Well, we went to staples and I had to open my bag to get my purse out. We left there and when we got to the doctors, it wasn't in my bag! I wrote on my IPAD "Peter, you will have to ring Staples or call back there and ask them if I dropped a clear polythene bag containing a stool sample (with "faeces" written quite clearly on the packaging) He just looked at me "well, what exactly do I have to say to them?" But, we had another look in the car and it was wedged between the back seat and the window! What a relief. Imagine having to have to contact Staples to say we had lost a sample! xx

Forum Member
    Yes very funny Joyce but if you fall and break your hip that will not be funny and cause you and Peter much work and heart ache.