Thread: hi my name is diane, my partner has just been diagnosed with mnd, all a bit confusing

diane.p

Question hi my name is diane, my partner has just been diagnosed with mnd, all a bit confusing

Hi my name is diane my partner has just been diagnosed at xmas with mnd find all bit confusing we are in our 70s, be grateful for any help and information, thank you

Forum Member
    Welcome to the forum Diane. Try and learn as much as you can about MND by reading posts on this forum and getting publications from the MNDA and try and stay one step ahead if you can.

Welcome Diane. follow Trevor's advice and use the forum for advice, help and sometimes a rant!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Hi Diane;

Sorry to hear about your husbands diagnoses but welcome to the forum. If you want to know anything you can ask here or contact the Mnda connect.

Best wishes, Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Diane
    Sorry to hear about your partner's diagnosis. You will get both get comfort from the forum. Rainey

Forum Member
    Hello Diane, Welcome to the forum. My advice read through the posts on here and ask as many questions as many times as you want. You will receive a great deal of help and support on here. So keep posting. Hugs x

springtime
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

diane.p
    thank you all for advice and help i will be asking lots stupid questions as noone seems to be giving us any answers at moment, i have found a support worker volenteer so going to ring and see if she will come for coffee and maybe explain few things , as doctor just asks how are you and says keep it up not lot of help there , we will be going to meeting at local hospice on may 10th so hope maybe there can get few more answers my hubbie does not want to know a lot of the things as he says i know what happens, and im not giving in to it so dont want to know will take it as it comes but me im different i need to know whaat i have to face and also who to contact if need help and advice, i know lot things will have to be sorted in cottage in time and need to know if can get help with this and how soon , to apply for it ,i wish all of you well, its a very cruel disease,

Forum Member
    Hi Diane and welcome, I joined this forum 4 weeks ago, my husband is still waiting a final diagnosis after two years, the people on this site have been great with support and advice, although we live in Bewdley in Worcestershire we are waiting on an appointment up at Sheffield, the private neurologist we saw diagnosed ALS in November last year and at our last appointment two weeks ago said he now thinks it is Bruns Garland but he is not sure, apparently the facial symptons, crawling under the skin, water trickling down face, numbness around chin and nose area , itching all over legs hips etc., does not fit in with MND, and yet these symptons have affected a lot of people on here. it started with cramp in his legs and struggling to walk due to fatigue, the cramp improved but he now has drop foot in both feet and and his legs do not seem to get any messages through, hence after a few yards he is worn out although he can still drive. His arm, leg and shoulder muscles are all wasting. Yes it is a cruel disease, we just want a diagnosis so we can plan ahead. Hopefully Sheffield Hallamshire will be able to tell us one way or the other. Stay strong you will have great advice on here. Pam S x

Forum Member
    Diane. I'm sorry you find yourself here but please remember there aren't any stupid questions. All the people on here will do their best to answer anything you need to ask or can point you in the right direction. It's a frightening prospect when you know what MND is but not knowing what to expect as a carer won't make it any easier. You can respect your husband's wishes by not revealing anything he doesn't want to know whilst finding out things for yourself.

Diane,
    There are no stupid questions. If you want to know something, ask. It's the only way to learn. Welcome - but I'm sorry you find yourself here. We have been at the stage where we were trying to make some sense of all this. It's a lot to get your head wrapped around. It takes time.

Lynne
    Be Strong and Courageous!