Thread: Buzzing bed!

Buzzing bed!

OK ladies and gents. Does anyone else have a hospital bed with an air mattress that makes a buzzing noise?
    Just checking before hubby uses it.
    Thanks folks.

Forum Member
    is the air mattress one with a motor? if so the 2 i tried both made a noise, one of the reasons i couldnt use them.
    mik

Yes Sharyns did also played a musical note when I sat on it! Ending up putting a towel at the buzzing end of the machine, then changed the mattress but it still buzzed! Then put the motor on the floor that stopped the noise!

Clever!!! QUOTE=Davec;46108]Yes Sharyns did also played a musical note when I sat on it! Ending up putting a towel at the buzzing end of the machine, then changed the mattress but it still buzzed! Then put the motor on the floor that stopped the h ![/QUOTE]

Hi Nettie;

Is it the bed buzzing or the mattress motor?

Forum Member
    I remember,my sister in law solved this by having the motor on the floor and covered with a pillow.

Forum Member
    The monitor was on the floor in mum's case. When it buzzed occasionally I kicked it and it stopped. You'd think the manufacturers would have overcome this for a device that's being used when you need peace and quiet to sleep.

Candle o how I wished I had given it a kick!

Trevor's not using the bed at night just yet but he uses it for a sleep in the afternoons. I'm glad at least that it's not a fault.
    I covered the bed over with an old duvet cover as although Holly seemed to like sleeping on a footstool in" her bedroom" during the day I doubted the temptation of a proper bed would be possible to resist. Sure enough there was a cat shaped hollow on it this morning.
    The noise can't have bothered her but I may try putting the thing on the floor in case it bothers Trevor when he uses it at night. Holly loves tapping keys on the computer though so I'd better make sure that she can't get to it on the floor.
    Any ideas you inventive people? and No! there is no way she's sleep anywhere else. She's a very demanding but lovely cat and Trevor loves her.

Turn it downside up! Simples!