Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New category

New category

I have been thinking which is unusual for me.
    I wonder if we could have a category for delicate subjects. Talk about things that might otherwise
    upset newcomers to the forum. I think it would be a good place for straight talking no being diplomatic, I am talking about MND of course not disagreements between members.
    I have run a couple of forums so I know you can lock a category until someone has made 25 or 50 posts before they can view or post in that category .
    What do you think
    David

Hi David;

Sounds like a good idea as long as it's kept for certain delicate subjects. Too much stuff on it might stop people looking in or perhaps not joining. What subjects can't be discussed on an open forum and would you like the posting laws changed for that section?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

great idea, the excuse for sanitising the forum really p'd me off, this is a good solution.

Excellent idea David. We have had to talk about some sad stuff lately and I must admit I've wondered if I've said things that might be a little scary. But as you say, we need to be able to talk about the delicate issues as we need to have information about such things and we need to be able to offload.
    Go for it !! How are you feeling now David? XX Nettie

Forum Member
    Hello David,

Hugs as always.
    I think that is a terrific idea and I have to say I have found the recent posts invaluable and more informative than anything you find elsewhere but I can understand how frightening they could be for some one new.
    This gets a big vote from me.
    Thanks for suggesting it.
    Hugs
    Sylv xx

I vote yes

Lynne
    Be Strong and Courageous!

Forum Member
    Yes, that is a good idea if people want to unburden themselves of stuff that makes them feel especially wretched. Everyone knows that this disease can bring some really dark days with it. We "oldies" can choose whether or not we open the thread. Newcomers to the forum will know the score and, if they want to avail themselves of it, will have to post quite regularly so we all can get to know them -and they can get to know us. Everyone wins both ways. I think Claire would approve of that, don't you? It is a good idea, David. Lots of love. Joycie xx

Recently I got to thinking about what I came to call 'the death watches' here. Three people all clearly nearing their end. Each morning became about checking to see if they were still alive. As heavy as the subject can be I still learned how my own death may go and that's no bad thing in respect for learning further about MND.

I'm with Terry when he asks.......What subjects can't be discussed on an open forum and would you like the posting laws changed for that section?

Forum Member
    Good idea David frankness may help with the issues of the future and the fear of dying.

Kelvin

I think that all subjects can be discussed on the main open forum and not in some hidden place. What the restricted section would be great for is for background personal information so that we can understand the reasoning behind some of peoples posts. I am worried that a restricted area will be used by us too much as it's nice and convenient, however a more background knowledge on people would give us so much more understanding and our dirty washing can be kept a little more hidden.

I do think that the idea is good, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.