Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can i pad be a phone

OK you Guys and Girls. A straight question. I need to get the PREDICTABLE programme. I think it only works on iPad (Please correct me if I am wrong) .....so what model of iPad, or any other make of machine that will run it, do each of you recommend.
    T-rex

Quote Originally Posted by Alpacas View Post
    Just put me right on something Terry. What is the difference between an iPad and a tablet. Is it just that iPad is simply Apples name for the same thing
    T-rex
    Hi T-Rex;

They are very similar and both use a touch screen. The main difference is that they use different operating systems so they operate differently and the apps made for one will not work on the other.

I think like Ellie that they are over priced but agree with Pete that I Pads are made well and the apps are probably better quality too.

I Pads use a IOS operating system and Tablets tend to be Android.

They all have different features and different processor speeds but quite basic ones are not to bad. One thing wrong with nearly all of them if used for talking is that they are very quite. Recently it was said that an I Pad mini was quite load.

Regards Terry

A basic I Pad will run Predictable well, but I think it is available for 10 inch tablets. If I was paying for Pridictable then I would buy an I Pad.

If you go into an Apple shop they should help you and maybe download some trial programs so you can hear how loud they are.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Thank you Terry. That is just the sort of reply I needed. I am quite PC literate but am getting overtaken by technology all the time.
    T-rex

Hi T-Rex,
    I Am a big fan of Apple products and having used Microsoft at work I decided my home option would be Macs. I am typing this on my iPad air and I only need type one or two letters of the word and the whole word comes up. For someone like me with poor dexterity this is a godsend.
    Terry's suggestion about going to an Apple Store is sound and you can get the feel for it but don't buy it there as there are cheaper options on line. The Apple price for mine is £399 and I paid £285.
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi T-rex;

I would love to say get this and do that. It's just not that simple.

Barry, you can get an Tablets for £50 that predict the words that you are next going to use, often after one or two keys are pressed, you just need the right free app. Tablets for £50 do not do very thing an I Pad does or are they made to the same quality but they do reliably work well.

Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.