Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Tips

Forum Member
    Hi my hubby isn't Bulbarian but found the straws from Ikea useful very wide when there not I use your tip Terry.

Forum Member
    Great idea. The MNDA publishes a MND recipe book. What about publishing a Practical Tips book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Night walker View Post
    Hi

You guys are the nuts, this is such an excellent tip. We need a tip list as these golden nuggets can often get lost. Wonder if the forum admin people can come up,with something? Your both Amazing thanks
    Sylv

MND Association Digital Media Manager
    What a great idea, will pass this onto our information team.

Claire

Drinking thicker liquids are easier, you can get thickener on prescription and there are two different makes. They can be added to most liquids.

Hot or cold drinks can be easier too as can highly flavored and carbonated ones such as coke.

If the senses are triggered, the drinking and swallowing is normally easier.

Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Mic liked his Tetley Bitter, I found that metal straws with a bend in them worked best as they didn't float back up the glass like plastic ones. I got them from eco-straws.co.uk they also supply the cleaning brushes.

Hi Cath;

A safesip cover would hold the straw and stop any spills. Just a thought, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Dear All

Info please! I now cannot suck through a straw. I have a cup with a spout. A bit like a baby cup.

Is this another step in this cruel disease?

Hugs
    Anna

Hi I couldn't suck my Ensure through a straw, but can still pick glass up using 2 palms of hands. Couldn't do it with baby cup.
    Where did 'Bulbarian' come from 'cos that sucks. Lol Dude

Forum Member
    I ordered both safesipcoverand straws only to find I cant
    use a straw any more? I would imagine that Steve used the word Bulbarian for those like me and a few others who are suffering from bulbar onset mnd. I quite like it! Joycie

Joycie I too, have bulbar onset. Couldn't we be called 'Bulbies'. Dude.