Disabled Facilities Grant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right that Terry can be very persuasive! Lol! Not expecting donations but would love you lovely people to see the crowdfunding page my son has created. I'm so proud of him xx
    Weʼre raising money to Help my mum stay in her beloved family home - And make the adaptations needed to aid her condition. Support this JustGiving Crowdfunding Page.

Comment

• ccinjersey

Well done to your son!

Pink do you know if 'Just Giving' converts US dollars over to your currency ? I looked at the donate page it was all in pounds.

CCxox

Comment

I'm not sure cc, I would presume it did x

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

It's not quite the amount that you need yet, Pink,

But he has done well.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

He has Terry. Also last week a couple of colleagues put on a fundraiser for me as a surprise. One of them has a band and he wanted to give them an airing as they hadn't played in a while so they turned it into a fundraiser for me Raised £573!! So with the race night my other colleague did for me and other monies coming in I've got nearly £4000!!

Comment

!!! Xxx just realised who's donated on my sons just giving page! Thank you so much cc and Terry xx

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Hi Pink;

I told you that I was tight, every little bit helps.

Love Terry
                TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Exactly Terry, but seriously didn't expect anything to be honest as we are all in the same boat!! But thank you so much Xx

Comment

If that was you again terry or cc.... Thankyou very much x

Comment

No didn't qualify either just got told I could contribute £140,000.00 ( I wish) and also told no further funding available for major adaptations from my council!!!!

Comment

• Terry
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2012

Hi dkjc;

Sorry to hear that don't qualify for a grant and other help that is free to some others.

It doesn't mean you can't get any equipment or small job under £1,000.

Love Terry

Comment

Hi Terry

Thank you, yes I have contacted my OT regarding shower chair, grab rails, and hopefully a bio bidet toilet and possibly ceiling hoist if they all come under £1,000.00

Comment

• Ellie
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

Hi dkjc,

It's worth seeing if the MNDA will give you a grant - Every Little Helps as the saying goes...

Love Ellie.
                            ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                            Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

Hi Ellie,

Thank you already on it

Love Darren

Comment

• Terry
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2012

Hi dkjc,

Do you need everything soon?

As others have posted, hoists etc should be provided free separately but it's worth checking out.

Make sure you have been referred to the wheelchair services as their waiting list is long.

Love Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X