Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disabled Facilities Grant

It seems strange that you need to release equity yet don't qualify for a grant Pink;

Ask Mnda connect to have a little look at that.

Grants can have so many restrictions and take so long, especially if the wrong time of the year and they have no money.

I guess if you have a small mortgage compared to the house value then you have equity.

Keep us informed.

You have got to laugh, they will pay for a special loo but no where to put it!

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Yes our mortgage is small compared to the value of our house. It all comes down to income but do not take into account your outgoings! Alfresco toilet ha ha!!

Feel overwhelmed today! My amazing son unbeknown to me set up a crowdfunding page to raise money for my adaptations. Feel a bit embarrassed but he can see me worrying about everything. Friends and his friends have started donating already, 170 already since last night! So what with the race night on Friday which has been organised by a friend, I am feeling really lucky to have such support x

Forum Member
    How Wonderful !

Nothing to be embarrassed about Pink, if we don't help one another who will ? It's in times of need when true friends rise up as they should, and even sometimes from people you would least expect come shining thru

Well done to your son, he sounds like a thoughtful, and loving young man.

CCxox

Forum Member
    What a lovely son you must have! That's wonderful news.
    Good luck!
    Bern x

I am very lucky. I have two amazing sons. My youngest one (26) is slowly coming to terms with it and very protective My oldest one dean, from the beginning has been a great counsellor and motivator x

Overwhelmed..... Race night raised nearly 900 and the crowd funding page has reached 600 already. Had a really lovely night. Lots of people turned out for me and caught up with lots of people I haven't seen for a while. One of my son's friends came and told me he'd just organised a charity football match for me! Didn't sleep well, on too much of a high x

Forum Member
    That's fantastic ! Sounds like you have a lot of love, and support. I hope the fund continues to grow

xox

You can post a link to the fund here, Pink;

Someone might well be looking in that might help, every little bit helps.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Feel a bit cheeky doing that!, Terry !