Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: first truthful conversation

first truthful conversation

Hi all , l have just had a chance to ask Tom how he feels about having mnd. He said as long as he doesn't sit back and give in easily he accepts the outcome. I was wondering if anyone is also taking this route and have you stayed in that mind set or changed . Lorret

It seems like Tom has the right attitude. Get on and live life the best you can on that day. Make the most of any equipment that might help he get out and mobile and anything that makes live a little easier so that he doesn't have to struggle more than necessary.

All the best, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Yep, he is right. Don't look for problems they come along anyway. I came to that conclusion and now its every day for what its worth. I feel better about myself now than when diagnosed a year ago. I feel fine have no voice but then I am so used to that now that its almost a norm. When the next thing hits me, then I might think differently, but one can only adapt as one goes along and Terry is right put in place things that make life easier. Everyone on this forum has had some sort of experience or another and there is wealth of information out there, so just ask. Its not easy but together I am sure you and Tom will do well

Forum Member
    AnnE, I could have written that myself. Much love Joycie xx

Forum Member
    Good on Tom!!!
    I love his attitude a lot and the people on this forum are the best there are.
    Stay reading and posting on here Lorett there are lots of lovely people and a wealth of info in the old posts.
    Best regards

Sylv

Its good to know you are there in the same struggle. Tom has a very positive attitude but I am not finding it so, changing from angry to scared of the diseases effect . We are nipping to the west of Ireland where Tom s family are, guaranteed to get well looked after .

Forum Member
    When my husband was diagnosed last March he stuck 2 fingers up and carried on playing his gigs, going out with friends in general and to gigs, having holidays nothing was stopping him he went full pelt!!! then we hit a brick wall within the last month or two his whole body just said no more now he is in his wheelchair, extreme fatigue, coughing and choking episodes etc etc but he says with a smile I had a bloody good fight with it for a year and yes he still trying to fight it and the last fight in his eyes will be he will play his last gig ever!!!

Forum Member
    same for me, Queenie. We hit the road after diagnosis in March 2014, did so many wonderful things, visited precious family and friends, attended reunions, had an unforgettable time...........now my mobility is questionable, using a wheelchair. Our mantra has always been to live, love and be happy.
    We naturally are saddened, very saddened that MND has come into our lives but we are rising above it! Things will get worse, we know, - but we have had a really good time! Much love Joycie xx

Forum Member
    Very true Joycie it's all we can do is ride this god awful storm with our loved ones xx

Forum Member
    Queenie, my life's mission these days is to make life easier for Peter and my daughter. We are building fantastic relationships with all the medical professionals so he gets all the support he needs when it all goes belly up! I have the most immense admiration for all you carers out there - it must be dreadful watching this disease ravish our loved ones. Much love Joycie xx