Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pressure Sores

Many thanks Ellie. Itís very kind and caring of you to provide such detailed information and advice.
    Love Kayleigh x

Forum Member
    Thank you for everyone for the valuable information on pressure sores.

The MND nurse came to our house to look at how I was sitting or laying because of my broken leg. She advised us both of areas to keep an eye on, like the back of my ankle.

I wrongly assumed there would be pain or irritation first but she said a patch of dry skin could be a warning sign.

On a lighter note, I am getting used to my new turning circle, with my leg in a splint. Its other people who just need to keep their distance.

Love Debbie x

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    Thanks for re-posting the thread Dina. Pressure sores are not something I knew much about and so these posts have been very useful to read. If I get any suspect red patches I will make sure I get them checked out.

I find that this forum is a great mine of information and tips, including lots of important issues such as pressure sores, that healthcare professionals have not told me about yet.

I hope you and everyone in this forum family are having a lovely weekend.

Love Kayleigh xx
    Hi Kayleigh,

When I read this thread I thought it would be worth posting on it so that it brings it to members' attention.

Ellie, I don't think it will be long until the Wheelchair Team visit. I did have an appointment booked but had to cancel on the day as I wasn't upmto jumping in and out of the hoist and the wheelchair to test cushions!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Debbie, no harm in getting your GP to prescribe Cavilon or Proshield barrier cream for any vulnerable areas of your skin, i.e. any body part in constant contact, or almost constant contact, with a non-moving surface. (I use Cavilon on my ankle bones daily)

Don't suppose you've any sheepskin lying around on which to rest your heel??

Hope you're as comfy as you can be - at least there's cracking tennis to watch

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thanks for the top tips Ellie and for bringing the subject up Dina.

I am going to ring my GP in the morning for a barrier cream. I would send my hubby out for sheepskin but I can see he has a day planned watching cricket.

My leg is finally comfortable... bliss ! and I am loving the fantastic tennis. We will really miss it next week.

Thanks everyone,
    Love Debbie x

Hi Debbie,

Good to hear that you reasonably comfortable and have your leg set and straight.

It would be good to keep a eye on sores in your situation.

How long do you have to keep it straight and in plaster. Move things as much as you can when you're aloud.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Love Terry