Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What a mess

What a mess

My wife has had some kind of mental breakdown, similar to bipolar. I have had to be taking into hospice while she still lives in my house. She won't let Dr assess her. Now they are trying to find somewhere for me to stay where I can have 24 hour care. I don't think I will ever see my home again or my wife.
    I am hoping the Dr will agree for the machine to be switched off. Between my illness is much worse and not seeing my wife again is too much for me.
    David

I think that many of us have quite a poor existence but you and GrXXXXX have life at a very different level. It is so nasty not to have any control over your life and where you are and who you can see.

Regards and respect, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Dai, so sorry to hear what is happening to you, I hope they can sort something for your wife, so you can return home.
    Sending you a hug.
    Regards Jam

Forum Member
    Hi David,

It is a mess. It needs resolving.

You have an equal right to remain in your home as your wife.

Who is your MP? You can find out who is your MP on the Internet. I assume that you will be able to send your MP a message. Tell us if not and you need our assistance.

I wouldn't hold out much hope of any assistance from our MNDA. They are a waste of time.

Regards

Graham

Forum Member
    Yes, lots of hugs coming from here too. Much, much love. Joycie xx

Oh David. I'm so very sorry it's all gone pear shaped again. I assume there is no one else in your family who can do anything to help you in SOME way.

Hi David I think, by past experience with my good lady, the 'bi-polar like' condition is due to a low stress threshold. She has had suffered

Hi David I think, by past experience with my good lady, the 'bi-polar like' condition is due to a low stress threshold. She has suffered a 'meltdown' probably caused by 'our' condition. If you prefer to be home then someone in your family needs to try and help with your wife by taking her to their house for a while and convince her to seek help. This will be hard because you cannot force help on her unless she becomes a danger to herself or others. I don't really want to wash my dirty linen in public but will point out that my wife no longer lives at home, she has her own house but drops by to help a lot.
    My heart goes out to you both.
    Dude. xx

Forum Member
    How heartbreaking to hear this. Dave, there are many different medications that can help with bi-polar condition, that can really help alleviate her symptoms if she can get into the hands of the right doctor, but as Dude said it can't be forced upon her.

God bless, prayers go out to both of you.
    xox

Please don't think that it's your only option David ! Hope it's a temporary setback ,you give so much advice to us new members. On Thursday my mum was told cancer had returned, the next day my brother had his 15year old dog put to sleep , and Tom has told me his legs are getting weaker so we need to take out the bath. I've had a few meltdowns these last couple of days but it is worth fighting for. Lorret