Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What a mess

Sorry my head is all over the place.
    The meeting decided I can go home on Thursday with the same care package as before. The bit I am still worried about is that this was arranged with *** over the phone and it was this care package that sent her over the edge. I simply think all the people in and out all day and all the phone calls got to her. We were the type of couple who kept ourselves to ourselves. *** is still behaving strangely and out of character. Every one keeps saying its stress but they havnt met her. She desperately needs some help but don't know how to get it for her.

Today when they were washing me, giving my meds and food and changing the bed I just broke down and cried my eyes out. My body is useless now. All I want is a couple of happy months with the woman I love so much and then I will be ready.
    I know this is a mnd forum and I am talking about my wife a lot, but she is my life.
    Thank you all so much my friends. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow
    David
    Last edited by Jay_MND; 13th June 2016 at 13:31.

Forum Member
    we are all with you in spirit, believe me, David. Just keep posting and keep us all informed. You must make sure people realise the impact that so much upheaval makes to *** when the house is in turmoil with all the visitors. Can you write it down somewhere - you must communicate that to the carers. Much love, as always. Joycie xx (or get them to read your posts on the forum - that is a good idea!)
    Last edited by Jay_MND; 13th June 2016 at 13:31.

Forum Member
    Hi David,

You and I are in such purgatory and the entire world just looks on, save for a few souls on this forum. What a mess.

I do hope that your wife can summon the courage to see you and not the disease.

Take care my friend.

Graham

Forum Member
    Hi David

Not familiar with your healthcare system, but no one knows your own wife better then you. It does sound like she needs some sort of care package for herself with some good old fashion, tender, loving care involved, and a stronger support system.

Sincerely hope she can get the assistance she needs, and into the hands of the right doctor. If she is suffering from bi-polar disorder or had an emotional/mental breakdown there are many good medications out there to help stabilize her, and help her thru her days. Neither of you should have to continue with the mental and emotional anguish of all this.

God Bless, prayers to you both.
    xoxox

Hi David I'm not familiar with your care package but if is not 24/7 and *** is in the home alone with you she will only get worse. *** needs as much care as you do, if not more. The sooner she gets some help and medication, the sooner you will be back together and then you & *** may find the impetus to fight on as the team you were before. Love & best wishes to you both. Dude. xx
    Last edited by Jay_MND; 13th June 2016 at 13:32.

Forum Member
    MacMillan and Marie Curie are usually both very good at supporting relatives and I wonder if they're involved. You and your wife must ask for more support otherwise you're at risk of struggling to cope again. I think showing how difficult it is for the whole family is realism that anyone who comes into contact with MND needs to see. Please don't feel reluctant to post. Hope it all works out for you both.

Forum Member
    David, it doesn't sound a very satisfactory outcome to me if you are not getting 24 hour care, and some help and counselling for ***. Cold you family intervene and fight yours and *** corner. You obviously need somebody who knows you and *** well, to explain to the authorities where help is needed and how to best put that into practice. You are both in my thoughts and prayers David. X
    Last edited by Jay_MND; 13th June 2016 at 13:32.
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Hello David;

all the best for the next few days and don't feel sorry for posting. Keep us informed.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Great to have you posting again David. I hope now your wife's fragility has been
    Acknowledged she also will get support it must be frustrating for you. Keep positive at least your getting back home that's the start of your wish. Thoughts are with both of you. Lorret

Forum Member
    David I feel so sorry and upset for both you ***, *** bless her obviously needs help and I was wondering if your local hospice could send someone out to talk to her, our hospice offers a visiting service and sitting service. I do so hope you can spend whatever time you have left with each other, sending love to you both. Pam S xx
    Last edited by Jay_MND; 13th June 2016 at 13:33.