Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: What a mess

Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Graham;49492

My agenda is that life is precious and it doesn't become devalued the moment one is diagnosed with MND.

It is telling that David made a point of letting the MNDA know that he had passed days after many of us had asked the MNDA to intervene and support David.

I thought hard before posting but there are very serious issues at stake.[/QUOTE]

Hi graham,
    i didnt want to cause any argument and i understand some of grievances with the MNDA, i just don't think this is the right thread or the right time.
    Mik
    Last edited by Claire McArthur; 24th June 2015 at 11:07. Reason: Offensive post

Forum Member
    Oh, David will have been watching all these posts with great interest and tapping out answers with his pen! He would be totally amazed at the response to this thread of Victoria's. He was much cared about, that is for sure!

I always consider myself be quite strong and stoic and I certainly never cry in front of folk. But I have just had a visit from Wheelchair Services combined with a visit from our Regional MNDA coordinator and sobbed through it all. Daithedragon, you have a case to answer - will catch up with you later on! Perhaps I have developed emotional labidity now - certainly bags more emotional these days!

They haven't been to remove the dining room furniture till this afternoon - hold back the dam of tears when that goes! It isn't the fact that it is going that upsets me, it is the sure fact that when it comes back, I will be no longer be here!

But it will be fine. I will get over all this. Just part of the grieving process, I suppose.

plus this morning, I stepped out of bed reached for my clothes, fell back hard on the bed, slipped off. My toe got caught in the mask of the BIPAP machine and I fell, grazing and bruising my left knee and losing every inch of my dignity because Peter had to come and assist me up!

I have read the manual for the BIPAP machine today and there is no instruction on how to fit a mask onto your big toe! Perhaps I should write one!

Much love to all from a cheeky, leaky, tissue holding, Kleenex share holding. bag of emotion!

Joycie xx

Joycie Probably way too much information in the bipap paragraph. Dude. x

Forum Member
    No worries Joycie, I cry over everything, all the time! Even when Terry took my beloved Queen, I needed tissues lol

xox

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my dad

In case any of you would like to attend the funeral the details are as followed:

Tuesday the 07th July at 11am in llanelli crematorium: Penprys Road, Llanelli, SA14 8BX.

There will be a wake/gathering with some tea,coffe and food at Tafern Y Felin, 12 Heol Beili Glas, Swiss Valley, Lanelli, SA14 8DT.....it's just 2-3 mins from crem

It would be great if you could come and celebrate my dads life, I know how valued you all were to him as just a few hours before he passed he showed me this forum and asked me to let you all know he had passed....so he was thinking of you in his final hrs. Plus it would be nice to meet you all....xxx

Forum Member
    Hello victoria. Thanks so much for informing us all. Don't forget that Davec started a thread called grieving. If it all becomes too much, start looking at that, or join in It might be some help. Much love. Joycie. Xx

Forum Member
    Peace at last for Dai. My thoughts are with you Victoria and I hope the days ahead are not too difficult.

Hi Victoria How are you and your mum. Dude. xx

RIP David. Thoughts and prayers with you all at this sad time. CiaraX

Hi Victoria Just wondered how you and Mum are coping. Love Dude xx