Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Dad....

great post john14
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

Forum Member
    I agree with you, Steve. John is spot on with his comments. Thanks, John. Much love. Joycie xx

Forum Member
    Indeed, well said John14.

Katrina, my dear was diagnosed in 2012, she now pretty deep into this illness and the all the ways it has affected her physically, and everything in her world.

She has still not come to terms with it, and remains adamant she does not have this illness. That is how she copes and accepts it. If that is what brings her peace of mind then it is a blessing.

There is a grace, and dignity in it all as overwhelming and difficult as it all seems. You will see it continuously right here on this forum.

You and your Dad will find your way, continue to give him your love, support and compassion.

The very best to you both
    CCxox

Hi Jade How is wedding planning going. How is Dad & Mum and your Fiances' Dad. I know you have brought wedding forward, but have you established a wedding gift list at some shop so I , and maybe all your other friends on here can send you both a gift. My wife and I also got wed in September, but the 2nd, been 44 years now (few happy ones lol). Take care, be strong . Dude xx

Forum Member
    44 years! Well done Dude...some people can't stay married for 44 months. I guess you learned the lesson 'Happy wife, happy life' ?

xoxo

A whole lotta beggin' CC. oxo

Forum Member
    Hahaha !

Well it's working for you Dude. She sounds like a smart woman

xox

She is smart CC, that's why she married me lol x

Forum Member
    Sorry all! Only just seen all of this.

Katrina sounds like our dads are going trough the same. When dad was diagnosed I never thought things would get back to normal... However they have. A slightly different normal but still pretty normal considering.
    Sounds like maybe your dad needs some antidepressants. My dad was also told he had a matter of months... He's still doing pretty well other than his speech deteriting slightly - he was diagnosed Easter this year although I think he'd had it for 6 months/a year .

Dude that is so sweet of you but really there is no need! We're not asking for gifts off anyone as it's such a last minute wedding we're getting people to bring a bottle instead to help with our costs.

I hope my dad joins this group at some point - if he's not already reading posts! xx