Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OptiKey - full computer control (and speech) with your eyes

optikey_julius
    Quote Originally Posted by miranda View Post
    My voice, Lucy, on Speak It sounds OK to me - cost me under 5.
    Is that the app on the apple store?

Quote Originally Posted by optikey_julius View Post
    Is that the app on the apple store?
    Yes Julius, iPad and iPhone from Future Apps Inc. Web design doesn't seem to be their strength, the app has spotty reviews but some clearly love it.
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

optikey_julius
    I will add this to the list of TTS voices I need to investigate, thank you. On the same topic I've just submitted my voice to http://modeltalker.org/ and intend to include a page on the OptiKey wiki (and maybe a video) guiding users through the process of recording their own voice and purchasing additional voices for use with OptiKey.

By way of an update on my development: I'm working on adding a couple of bug fixes to OptiKey, as well as a way of switching off the scratchpad when using OptiKey alongside tools like http://www.phraseexpress.com/textexpander-windows.htm so that OptiKey doesn't get an incorrect view of the world. (thanks for the idea Norman). I'm also trying to find time to translate OptiKey into German for Udo.

In the background I've just emailed a few big organisations, including MNDA, to introduce OptiKey. I'd love some official backing and help!

Hope you're all well.

Thanks Julius, top effort!

It would be extremely useful to harvest feedback from anyone using ANY eye-tracking software/hardware combinations. Feedback can be a couple of lines giving general impressions or more. It all helps.

I'm considering another OU module (I'm half way through) which studies the use of online technologies by those with disabilities. This technology is what 'geeks' might describe as 'hot emergent'. Systems like it have been around for a while, but they have been a tad 'clunky' and very expensive.

We are turning an accessibilty corner!
    Last edited by FlyingSoupDragon; 14th July 2015 at 14:02.
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

optikey_julius
    Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know that version 2 of OptiKey has been released and can be downloaded from the website (direct link: OptiKey latest release).

The main new ideas are:

1.OptiKey can now be docked, or moved away from the dock edge to make it float over everything.
    2.OptiKey is either in "keyboard" or "conversation" mode - one always simulates a real keyboard and lets you type into other applications. The other is a fullscreen mode for having a real world chat with someone.

I still have to update the website and create a new demo video, but hopefully version 2 is close enough to version 1 that you can find your way around in the meantime. I'd love to know what you think as I need to make sure it is stable before I demo it to the MNDA later this month.

N.B. If you are trying OptiKey and it crashes please kill the process from the Task Manager (or restart your computer). I am working on a fix right now.

Regards,
    Julius
    Last edited by optikey_julius; 6th September 2015 at 12:01. Reason: Updated link to latest release as some people have been encountering crashes which I am attempting to fix with new release

Thanks so much Julius;

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Moderators:

Could you please move this thread to 'Technology' please.
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

optikey_julius
    You guys might be interested - I posted OptiKey to Reddit (one of the biggest websites on the internet) and they LOVED it. Lots of avenues have been opened up and I have a tonne of people offering to help. There are interviews being scheduled too, so I'm going to try and spread the word as much as possible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/software/co...ef_source=link

Julius, what a remarkable response, 'never seen anything quite like it!
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

optikey_julius
    Thanks Norman. I'm over the moon.