Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wheeled Shower Chairs ?

Would the OT supply a commode chair Pete? Might be a lot cheaper but do much the same job.
    X Nettei

Hello Wendy,

Good to hear from you, I hope life's getting a little easier for you, and yes your right it is a lottery, it never really mattered at the beginning but as time passes you really need help, and there is very little on offer. Still we will manage . Again great to hear from you.

Pete
    XXX
    All I need is a miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie B View Post
    Would the OT supply a commode chair Pete? Might be a lot cheaper but do much the same job.
    X Nettei
    Hi Nettie ,
    That's the question we are asking in the morning, but honestly can't see it making any difference, your dealing with people who have very limited knowledge of MND, and have no idea how things can change quickly as you know
    Pete
    Xx
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    Hello, Pete. It is very sad that you have such limited help. Here in lincoln, We have an nhs outreach neurological team with an OT with years of experience behind her with MND patients. She attended our lincolnshire MNDA AGM last week. I too , like previous comments, would be inclined to contact mnd connect and ask for their intervention. You really shouldn't have to fight for everything, in fact you should not have to fight for anything. I sometimes don't like asking because I think I am going to be a pain, but no one seems to suggest that I am! Or, if they do, they are not saying! Ha! Ha! Much love. Joycie xx

Shower chair

http://www.essentialaids.com/bathroo...ode-chair.html

This seems to be a good one if you are buying one today to use tomorrow. Good wide slot is essential to allow carers to wash your groins (tmi ?) . You'd need to remove toiet seat and cover for hygiene etc. Dude.

Just double double check chair will fit over toilet. Dimensions on link
    Last edited by Dude; 20th July 2015 at 08:48. Reason: More info

Thanks Dude,

Just emailed a seller on EBay ,looks very similar !.

Joycie,
    You a pain, Never ever.
    All I need is a miracle

Hi Pete,
    I have the exact one in Dude’s link. It’s been in daily use for about 4 years and still going strong.
    I didn’t have to buy it though.
    Love Ellie.

Hi Ellie,
    How is life treating you in that Emerald Isle, I guess it's such a beautiful. Country due to the rainfall it gets in a year !, yes the shower chair looks the part , my daughter came across one on eBay , it has larger diameter wheels so I can move myself around ,while I can use my hands as well as a bit of excersise, I tend to get a bit idle with the power chair,though life would be a lot harder without one .
    Love
    Pete
    XX
    All I need is a miracle

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Hello Wendy,

Good to hear from you, I hope life's getting a little easier for you, and yes your right it is a lottery, it never really mattered at the beginning but as time passes you really need help, and there is very little on offer. Still we will manage . Again great to hear from you.

Pete
    XXX
    We are all good thanks Pete - nearly two years on and special dates don't get any easier, but the days in between are good. I have far more happy memories than sad ones, have just transferred within the department to a great new job and am actually enjoying life, which I didn't think I would do again. And I have nearly sorted the court case with John's ex wife.
    As the great Dr Suess said - you can be sad that he died, or happy that he lived.
    Keep fighting you old sage of the site 😉 xx

Forum Member
    Hello pete

A self propelled shower chair!
    Now isnt great
    You can get yourself to the loo and back
    Without having to wait
    For someone to push you there
    For someone to be on call
    It will be just the job for you
    T'will be no effort at all!

I hope you will be very pleased with it!

Lotsa love

Joycie. Xx