Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using predictable for speech

Hi;

I have been offered "Predictable" for my Android tablet but I am a bit concerned that the App blocks the blue tooth and headphone socket so that you have to get some adapter.

It tried my load speaker into Barry's I Pad recently and it didn't work and I have also have the same things happen with Trevor's a couple of years ago.

Do you have experience of this?

I would have thought that it has been deliberately designed to do this in-order to get more revenue, if so this must be morally wrong.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi terry, I'm. It sure why it's doing that as dad never had any problem with his, shame considering he still prefers his whiteboard aswell,, I hope you can get this fixed soon .... Kitty x

I use Predictable with a Bluetooth keyboard on an iPad and experience no problems at all.

Using an external keyboard speeds up entries and brings many of the useful keyboard shortcuts you would use within a text editor. Some like 'speak' (esc) need to be found.
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

Thanks Norman;

Have you use an extra speaker using blue tooth and/or wire connection?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post

Have you used an extra speaker using blue tooth and/or wire connection?

Love Terry
    Hi Terry,

Yes, very successfully. We use one, sometimes two UE Boom speakers via Bluetooth. These, like iPad Pro, are expensive but all iPads work well with peripheral devices. Sound quality is excellent. The iPad is our entertainment centre for sound and vision.

The iPad Pro 12.9 & 9.7 use the Apple Pencil to great effect for every user but they're particularly liberating for MND stricken hands. Accessibility features (through Settings) provide a variety of modified ways to interact through the screen. Ten minutes spent investigating brings very handy results.

PS: The speaker system within the iPad Pro is really powerful, external speakers not required with them.
    Last edited by FlyingSoupDragon; 5th July 2016 at 08:01.
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

Thanks Norman;

We were talking about head control on another thread, do you know what/if apps are available for head or eye control for I pads. I have seen a head pointer working a switch program but was not over impressed.

Love Terry

Hi TC,

I'm not aware of any head controlled mouse, free or not, for iOS. There is a cheap ($40) camera mouse for OS X (Mac)

The Eye Tribe eye tracker works with OS X, but it is not free. Most AAC seems to be developed for Windows and far fewer for Macs, but there are ways around this, sometimes.

I'm not that well up on non-Windows tech!

xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Ellie;

At that AAC day there was a, I think 35 year old cerebral palsy lady, that used a switch type program to give a talk. She said that if there was one thing that she could change with her communication system, it would be the "windows updates".

Do you know much about the $40 camera mouse? I don't use Apple products but it is always useful to know.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Reading some of this thread reminded me of Julius and Optikey. Has anyone followed his work? It seemed very interesting and much better than some of the communication aids we were trying two years ago, camera mouse and tracker pro, etc.

Hiya TC,

Eyetwig iTracker http://www.eyetwig.com/itracker.html

Wonder what that lady meant about the Windows updates? They shouldn't interfere with her switches and she can always turn off automatic updates.

Love Chimp xox.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.