Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using predictable for speech

Forum Member

Using predictable for speech

I have recently downloaded the 'Predictable' app.
    At first, I didn't get on with it, now I'm getting more used to it although, I still have a lot to learn.
    I was disappointed that it doesn't correct your spelling as you go along, so it takes me longer as I have to go back and alter some words! I have just started to use the prediction words more (the menu of words it thinks you are going to use next). I have read that people think it's really good, so I hope I can get faster on it. Sometimes, when i try to answer or ask a question on it, by the time I'm correcting my mistakes, the subject has gone onto something else😬

It cost £120 to buy, so I hope I can start getting used to using the predictive words all the time.
    I bought a new iPad, which I find a bit big to carry around, I thought the mini one maybe to small key wise?
    When I go to shops or any appointments, I take my pad and pen to use.

Miss Technology.........not!
    Mags 😏

Forum Member
    I don't use the predictor at all, mags. I find it far too slow for meI just type on it and when I have finished go back and amend It is quicker for me. Everyone says how fast I am on it but the more you use it the faster you get. But certainly the conversstion goes on without you! Not often you can get a joke in! But I love mine. I dont bother with pads or pens now unless I am in a one to one and I feel very comfortable out and about. I have an iPad light. Xx

Forum Member
    Hi Joycie,
    I seem to make so many spelling mistakes, as I am typing this, it is great as any incorrect spellings, it automatically corrects itself and I am speeding along, I so wish predictable done this!
    If I went back correcting all my mistakes, I will take forever. You must be a very fast typer.
    I'm sure I will get quicker the more I use it, but I know unlike you, I will have to use the predictable. I wonder why it doesn't have auto correction?, it would make sense. You should see me when I'm doing a text message on my iPhone, takes me ages and I sometimes send the message without checking first and it's all double Dutch! I must have fat fingers or something? But glad you get on with it Joycie. My voice is so bad now, no one understands me, so I need to use the iPad more. I just hope I can get through saying my wedding vows on Friday��
    Non quitter
    Mags xx

Forum Member
    Hi Joycie,
    I seem to make so many spelling mistakes, as I am typing this, it is great as any incorrect spellings, it automatically corrects itself and I am speeding along, I so wish predictable done this!
    If I went back correcting all my mistakes, I will take forever. You must be a very fast typer.
    I'm sure I will get quicker the more I use it, but I know unlike you, I will have to use the predictable. I wonder why it doesn't have auto correction?, it would make sense. You should see me when I'm doing a text message on my iPhone, takes me ages and I sometimes send the message without checking first and it's all double Dutch! I must have fat fingers or something? But glad you get on with it Joycie. My voice is so bad now, no one understands me, so I need to use the iPad more. I just hope I can get through saying my wedding vows on Friday��
    Non quitter
    Mags xx

Forum Member
    You will get quicker Mags, it's inevitable. Good luck for the wedding vows just don't try auto correct then and end up saying I don't!

Quote Originally Posted by mags55 View Post
    .... I just hope I can get through saying my wedding vows on Friday.
    Non quitter
    Mags xx
    Fab! Good Luck. Have a wonderful day Mags.
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

Forum Member
    Ha ha Candle,
    Actually I'm going to try and speak the vows!, no one will understand me but as the registrar knows what I'm trying to say, it should be ok?
    Thank you for best wishes, you too Norman.
    I'm sure I will get faster the more I use 'predictable', I have yet to add well used phases on it, I'm sure that will help.

Have a great day Mags and since everyone knows the wedding vows who cares if they don't understand you.

Good luck with your predictable practice. I'm sorry you paid for it as the NHS are supposed to provide free communication aids.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Thanks Barry,
    I did learn that afterwards, I'm not sure I have the best speech therapist!!

Dinosaur Mags;

No, not now, just work your way through things slowly, step by step and ask here if/when you get stuck.

Speech therapists are not usually good at IT talking devises but it's normally worth getting them involved.

Onwards and upwards, love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.