Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Private Message Titled 'There is help' is a SCAM

Angry Warning: Private Message Titled 'There is help' is a SCAM

The below is a SCAM do not contact this man.

there is help

To all ALS patients around the world.
    This is an announcement
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel. As an electro medicine practitioner for the past 15 years, I have found the cause and the way to stop deterioration for this illness. I can assure you, that if you are fit for this treatment as most patients are, you will begin the process of halting the deterioration of this disease. You will feel the change from your first treatment- this is a promise.
    Let me prove evidence
    Last edited by Robyn Copley-Hirst; 28th July 2011 at 09:43. Reason: removed spam contact info
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

Chris
    Had the same email sent through my website last night! I pretty much guessed it was a scam, I've had a few now.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Hi Chris & Jeannie,

I have banned this user, blocked his IP address and email used to register. I will keep an eye out for this individual but would urge you that if you ever get private messages sent do let myself or one of our forum moderators know (thanks for emailing me your message, Jeannie). We don't have any access to your private messages, so do let us know so that we can deal with these unwanted approaches.

Hopefully we won't hear anything more of this, but I will remove all his contact details from all of his (and yours and my) posts otherwise we are just leaving his contact details on here, which is only beneficial to his business and those searching Google.

I hope this is ok?

Very Best Regards,

Robyn

Thanks Robyn ;-)
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

sarahezekiel
    Hi Robyn

I was just going to forward it to you, but checked the forum. Is there no way to prevent this? I'm really worried that some people might contact him, or other scammers.

Thanks

Sarah

I don't know if this can be done here but on other forums members have to post on the forum at least 10 times before they can private message.
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    I'll look into this, Sarah & Jeannie,

Kelly in our research team was busy writing a blog post about this specific claim today when I left the office...I'll check if it's online now!

As for these individuals, they sign up in exactly the same way as our other members do...so we have to get the balance right in keeping things open and easy to take part in for new members and make them feel included...and try to limit what these spammers can do and exclude them.

If it's a scam which might take advantage of people, I always try to remove any contact details and post links to scientific studies, or explanations from our research team to give a balanced picture of things - but don't hesitate to click the 'report' button on something you're not sure of, you probably won't be the only one unsure of it and we'll always double check everything that's reported.

I'll look into what we can do about private messaging and get back to you when I've thought everything through.

Take Care,

Robyn

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Research Response to 'Electro Medicine Hoax'

Read the post here

We're never happy to hear people making these kinds of scientifically unproven claims either and Kelly and myself share many of the same concerns as you, Sarah.

Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone,

Robyn

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I don't know if this can be done here but on other forums members have to post on the forum at least 10 times before they can private message.
    Hi All,

All forum members should now have an email sent from the system to each of your email accounts. It normally ends up in peoples junk folders, so I thought I'd mention it on the forum too.

As of today members have to make at least 5 posts before being able to view private member information or able to contact forum members privately through Private Messaging.

I hope this is a start towards maintaining a safe environment for us all, but do email me if you have any thoughts or feedback on this at:

robyn.copleyhirst@mndassociation.org

There's more information in the email I've sent to everyone.

Take care,

Robyn

Great that should deter a majority of scammers ;-) Thanks, Robyn.
    Best wishes

Jeannie