Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel insurance

Forum Member

Travel insurance

My doctor will only give me 99% diagnosis until all results are in, but we are going on holiday in 2 weeks time & he said i need to tell travel insurers, but i can't find anyone to insure me because its under investigation & not stated on my medical records, even though the doctor said he will give me a letter to take with me.
    Any advice please.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise View Post
    My doctor will only give me 99% diagnosis until all results are in, but we are going on holiday in 2 weeks time & he said i need to tell travel insurers, but i can't find anyone to insure me because its under investigation & not stated on my medical records, even though the doctor said he will give me a letter to take with me.
    Any advice please.

Denise:
    Sainsburys Insurance insured me on the phone wityh MND diagnosis. They insured me for different trips to South Africa, India and Ireland. phone them. They did not need any documents. All done word of mouth over the phone.

Charles

Forum Member
    I have phoned a few but because they haven't said 100% its not stated on my medical records ,even though my doctor said he will write me a letter so no insurance will cover me for mnd charles. Its very annoying.

Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

My parents live in the USA and we want to go and see them while my wife can still travel. My parents could come and see us but are in their 80s and not very mobile. We have annual travel insurance but it is very clear that the cover does not extend to people wiht terminal illnesses, so it will not be useful. I really do not want to go to the USA with her with no insurance. We can self insure the flights as they are bought with airmiles and there are no costs at the far end as we will stay with my sister. But the medical side worries me.

So let me try a few people - Sainsbury, the existing insurer, and a few more of those recommended and I will get back to you. Any further thoughts very welcome.

http://www.myholidayinsurance.com/Stroke&Neuro/MND.htm

Try these JR. What part of States do parents live . Dude

Forum Member
    Tried the current annual insurance policy and they were clear that they would not cover MND related problems if we do travel.

Dude, they live in Colorado (parents, sister and brother - hence the visit)

James (the initials JR used to cause me problems back in the days of Dallas! I had forgotten that)

Howdy James
    I like Colorado Was at a trade show for a few days in Denver. Stayed in the big hotel next to mile high stadium. The sculpture in front of the Broncoes stadium is amazing. Took in a baseball game. I love the way the guys walk down the aisles selling Bud light and Coors every 15 minutes. We visited both breweries, very impressed with the Budweiser Clydesdale horses and stables. Loads of hot rods and cool custom motorcycles around thereabouts. Have a great time. Dude.

Hi JR,

Try allclearinsurance.com. I have an annual worldwide policy with them and MND is declared.

Good luck
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    We seem to have been passed through to 'Talk to TIM' who will insure her for £440 for the week in the USA. This does not cover cancellation (we already have that on another ploicy as we booked the trip prior to the MND diagnosis) but does cover the medical side. It does seem like USA is the real problem, as others say they could cover anywhere else.

James Last time I went the states I got ripped for £900 for a week. Dude