Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin B12

Forum Member

Vitamin B12

Does anyone know the correct dose of Vitamin B12 that is recommended for MND patients? I have read it must be a high dose but not sure how high.Also where does one get high dose B12 as I have found only low dose in my local health food shops...thanks Dani

Forum Member
    Hello Dani,

There is two types of B12,..you need Methylcobalamin type, don't buy the other,
    If considering taking Folic Acid,..don't,...buy proper Folate
    http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-B12

This one you keep under your tongue, it'll quickly dissolve straight into bloodstream
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1616434239...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Regards
    Ray

Forum Member
    Thanks for your help Ray...I shall order online. I still don't know how much to take though?
    Perhaps I will take Folate as well. I am slowly taking more supplements...I have been a bit worried about taking some supplements as I am not sure of their inter reaction...cheers Dani

Forum Member
    Hello Ray
    Thanks for that information, is it one tablet a day.
    I've just ordered them.
    Keep posting Ray I do follow your posts.
    Cheers
    Darryl

Forum Member
    Hi Darryl,
    Yes one per day, unsafe to recommend higher,.unless found to be deficient of it.
    I've posted on it ages ago,
    Dani,
    Don't be frightened to take any supplements, particularly Vitamins and Minerals,..
    they are "designed" to substitute what you're probably lacking from your diet, nothing more.

There's many things you could take, which benefit the whole body,..
    If you want to take every Vitamin, Mineral, Enzyme, Amino Acid, etc, under the Sun..
    Try Moringa,..nothing iffy,..it's been used by the World Health Organisation for 40 years,
    Is that not a good endorsement!!

Regards
    Ray
    Last edited by fishmate12; 7th October 2015 at 01:37. Reason: shopping done

Forum Member
    Thanks Ray
    Searching for your moringa post now.
    Where do you buy it.
    Cheers
    Darryl
    Ps how is the foot. Did you let the fool amputate the leg!
    Don't know what the guy was thinking!!
    Last edited by pacer1971; 7th October 2015 at 11:45.

Forum Member
    Thanks Ray....have ordered the B12. I am very interested in Moringa...I had never heard of it. Do you take it?
    I am determined to find the right supplements for me..I refuse to sit and let this disease take over without a fight.I appreciate your help...Dani

Forum Member
    Hi

I buy Swanson Full Spectrum Moringa Oleifera (400mg, 60 Capsules) from Amazon. There are lots of different powders but I make sure it is Moringa Oleifera and hubby has 1 in the morning and another 1 at night. Not too sure what they do, Ray's post did tell me but I've forgotten, I just follow his advice, it's not let me down and i haven,t killed anyone yet. My hubby has been on a cocktail for about a year now and I think they have helped him as he has not rapidly progressed but we won't ever know if that's the sups or just the despicable disease.
    Best regards
    Sylvia

I have had Pernitious Anaemia for 20 years which means my body cannot absorb B12 from my food. As the levels in my body decrease I become susceptible to infections as it weakens my white blood cell count apparently. I also find myself getting tired more quickly. As a result I have an injection every 10 weeks of Hydroxycobalamin. It certainly makes a difference in my energy levels and I seem to get fewer infections.
    Might be worth speaking to your GP and see if that is a route worth trying.

Mike
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Forum Member
    Hello Dani,

There's many vitamins the body needs to function properly,..or can do with, when ill,
    You hardly ever hear of someone taking a mineral,...always vit c, b12, b complex, etc,

Minerals are just as important, many in trace amounts, but still required,
    minerals are derived from the soil,.but unfortunately due to methods of harvesting over the
    past 30yrs or so,..the top layers of soil don't have any nutrients in it,..just fertilizer.
    Then you're buying/using bags of convenient frozen veg from Asda, is there any goodness left.

If you were to start taking vitamins,..which one's,..and what about minerals???
    It could could cost a small fortune taking various one's, bottles all over the place,

I mentioned Moringa (posted on natural help thread)...because it contains virtually all
    nutrients the body needs to live on.

It was used in East Africa for 40yrs by the World Health Organisation, to combat famine,
    because it's so nutritious,..it was mixed into their meals.

It can be capsules, or powder, mixed onto/into, your meals, or dissolve under your tongue,
    Either see the post on it, in natural help, .or Google...Moringa research...
    If you want a source, let me know,..don't buy iffy stuff

Regards
    Ray