Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My lovely dad

Forum Member

My lovely dad

Hello, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My dad has been diagnosed with mnd and I'm still coming to terms with it. He's the loveliest person you'd ever meet and he just doesn't deserve this.... None of us do. Anyway, reading these posts really help as I don't have a big family to help support so thank you x

Hi Tabby & Hi to Dad. This is the worst time for you all, but believe it or not it gets easier . Carers coming in a few minutes to take me up to my penthouse lol. Is Dad watching footy tonight. Keep smiling . Dude xo

Forum Member
    Thanks Dude, nice to 'meet' you :-) Yes he's sitting in his little armchair watching the match, although he keeps falling asleep so not sure how much he'll see! x

Welcome to the forum Tabby;

I'm sorry to hear about your dad but we will help in any way we can. When was he diagnosed and when did he notice that things were not right.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Welcome Tabby

Sorry for your Dad's diagnosis. You have come to a place for great advice, comfort, support and friendship by a group of wonderful people they will make you feel just like family.

The very best to you and your Dad in the days ahead

CC xox

Forum Member
    Hi and welcome tabby. The guys and gjrls on here are great and are always willing to offer help and advice. I find it a great coping mechanism.. im sure youve got it in hand but its important to get OTs, mnd nurses, consultants etc on board. Keep in touch and enjoy the football! Fozziex

Forum Member
    Hello tabby

It is a time of great shock, disbelief and anxiety. We have all been through it and we do understand. Just keep close to us, ask all the questions you want to. There is a wealth of good advice and guidance on here -and the loveliest bunch of people you could find.

See if you can't persuade dad to join the forum. I have MND and I could not cope without the folks on here! For you, as a carer, you will get unimaginable support.

Much love to you and to dad

Joycie X

Forum Member
    Wow I can't believe all the support, thank you so so much. Dad started losing weakness in his arms/hands almost a year ago. He then started losing weakness in his legs and kept falling over. When I finally got him to go to the docs at the beginning of the year they fobbed him off with various things. Then finally he got an appointment with a neurologist a few weeks ago who diagnosed it. Recently he's been coughing a lot and sleeping more. I can't believe at the beginning of summer he was really still active doing the gardening, coming away on hols, walking and now he's struggling to even get up the stairs. He's got breathing tests on Monday and the physio later in the week. I'm finding it really hard going to work each day, just want to spend time with him x

Hi Tabby Quick question. Do you have a handrail going up both sides of stairs. Dude x

Forum Member
    Hi no we don't but something to think about. He's coughing a lot this morning x