Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: My lovely dad

Just before I go to my bed, just thought I'd let you know, dad is exactly the same, he is never good before any off his appointments, so I always know yo expect it when there's an appt coming up now, hope you get some sleep tonight and all goes well for your dad tomorrow 😊,to turn back time would be nice sometimes, night x

Forum Member
    I think I could be losing him, he's in a really bad way. Keeps sleeping then waking up gasping for air, hot and cold. Says he's done in

Hi tabby, how did he get on at the hospital?, is he getting kept in?, I'm sure he will be fine, my dad says that a lot, but I think it's just the way he's feeling some days, he says some horrible things to, if your dad is in the hospital he is in the right place... Try and stay strong for him,, Katrina X

Forum Member
    Hi, he goes in on Sunday. He keeps waking up in a panic saying he can't breathe and he's hot but cold. Could it be a panic attack after he's been in a sleep? x

Oh I thought it was today he was going in, it could very well be him panicking, dad used to say to me feel my head it's burning on the top and that he was hot, but to touch him he wasn't, I don't know if that's part of the condition or him panicking, sounds very simliar to my dad, if that helps any, if he was close to the end I'm sure his mnd nurses would have advised him and family that was the case, try to keep him calm when he wakes up like that.. Katrina x

Forum Member
    Thanks Katrina, feels like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster!! x

Your welcome, I'm here to chat anytime, we're all on the same rollercoaster x

Hi tabby,, how's your dad?,, I went to visit my dad tonight and instead off seeing that sad distant look in his eyes, he was actually having a carry on and a laugh (albeit his laugh sounds so high pitched) so cute!!,, it was great to see him in such good spirits for a change,, just like having my old dad back,, it was like he had forgot about things for a few hours,, brilliant night with him,, really didn't want to go home 😊😊... Katrina x

Forum Member
    Hi Katrina, glad you had a good evening with your dad and lovely you saw him laughing :-)

My dad's not so good, for some bizarre reason he tried to climb up some ladders to get in the loft and fell off. He's still not using his breathing machine. Back to hospital again tomorrow x

Hi tabby, it was nice to see dad like that for a change 😊.

Is your dad ok after fall?

I think dads can be quite stubborn, my dad has these ideas that he can do things like that aswell, he fell yesterday and cut all across his nose.

Maybe the hospital might be able to help him back into trying to use the machine again, does he not like it?,,

Bit off a late reply but can't sleep as mind racing as usual 😐...

I hope you and your mum are both doing alright.... Katrina x