X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rog
    • Apr 2024

The Film Thread.

Have you watched any good films lately? Are there any coming out that you are looking forwards to?

I saw "Due Date" [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231583/ ]the other day, a fun comedy - well worth a look.

I'm quite looking forwards to "Tron Legacy", I do like a good Sci-Fi.
  • Chris

Well went and watched meet the parents "little fockers" and to be honest it wasnt the best one but still fun to watch im after watching The Green Hornet now!

Comment

• SGD

Enjoyed Tron;The Legacy but not sure what Martin Sheen was up to

Comment

• Robyn Copley-Hirst

I never usually entertain reading any graphic novels, comics or film adaptations that do not include Batman, V, or anything written by Alan Moore! Maus is also one of my favourite graphic novels/ books ever... but is maybe a little serious a subject matter for the Christmas period.

You'll have to let us know if The Green Hornet is worth seeing Start a Chris Film Review!

Regards,

Robyn

Comment

• Chris

I quite like that idea Robyn i might just do that! There is quite a few good looking films due out this coming year. One called Paul with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in (loved sean of the dead) New Transformers movie, Cowboys versus Aliens, Ip man 2 (first one was great)

Link to trailer for Paul http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4189821721/

IMDb is a pretty good site for movies to come and also http://www.hollywood.com/movies/

Comment

• SGD

Thanks for the link for IMDb! Now the kids are getting older I can't nick them for kids films! Trailer for "Gnomeo and Juliet" is great Film review idea is brilliant! you could award smiley faces ie 5 = excellent, 1 = uneaten Turkey!

Comment

• Chris

The Medallion is on Syfi now not Jackie chans best but it's good to see him team up with Lee Evans! I'm a bit of a Jackie chan fan well anything Kung Fu........... Bruce Lee is the true legend.

Comment

• Jenni

I watched Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs earlier. I know its a kids movie, but I actually enjoyed it.

Comment

• Chris

I watched that too with my little girl before, I enjoyed it

Comment

• Chris

The new Danny Boyle film 127 hours looks a good one. Hopefully get to see it in the next wk

Comment

• SGD

The Kings Speech looks good - will try to catch it soon - films at Cineworld only seem to be on for a week or so

Comment

• Chris

just watching Legend of the Guardians with my little un, pretty good film so far.

Comment

• Countyboy

Day of the Triffids, the book is much better than the film, written by John Wyndham and first printed about 1951.

CB.

Comment

• Jenni

I plan to watch True Grit with Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon. My dad loves the John Wayne version, but I was never a John Wayne fan. For me, he was kinda like Will Smith in that he basically plays the same part in every film (all that I've seen anyway).

I watched Sherlock Holmes again recently (the new version). I think its fab, and I can't wait for the follow-up. And I'm not at all biased by the fact that I've had a crush on Robert Downey Jr since the late 80's, lol.

Comment

• Chris

Run Fatboy run on channel 4 at 9

Comment

Working...
                              X