Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remote Controlled Mains Sockets, Tips

Intercom

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    That could be very embarrassing Streetwise;

The one's that I am talking about are just a mains socket, It sounds as if your mum's was state of the art but you would need to make sure the outside speaker was off.

With many smart things today, there comes a risk of other people getting information for the wrong purposes.

Love Terry
    It was more embarrassing that the neighbour told me she could hear, it never occurred to me !I suppose that's autism don't know for certain ,don't know enough about Asperger's syndrome ,I've only been diagnosed in the last two years and I'm 47 years old.
    Which confuses me because they've changed the name to high functioning autism which really means nothing to me ,people on the autism forum Think it should be changed back to Asperger's syndrome !as a lot of people recognise that, but of course the lovely British government are currently want to declassify it so they don't have to give Aspies welfare benefits if you had any idea how shattering it is to be like this they would've never tried.
    I've got one that turns the lights on but of course being autistic I don't know how to operate it on a regular basis that's because my memory is sucked dry 24 /seven and I barely used it anyway ,I would like another one but Maplin have closed down in Sunderland .
    I think Argos have one ?but I don't know whether they've gone to Sainsbury's yet !they used to be in the High Street but Sainsbury's have bought it so it might be in the supermarket now.
    Last edited by Streetwise; 15th October 2017 at 15:18. Reason: iPad

You can buy from Maplin on ebay;

They are a bit expensive at the moment, £24.99 for three. They are the simplest to set up and you can add more.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Thanks

What an amazing g price of kit Terry! Nettie XX

Hi Nettle,

They do reduce the price to about 15 normally a couple of times a year.

I have bought a few sets and given one to the hospice for the OT,s to show others.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Just to let you know:

Now Maplin have gone out of business, i think that you can buy the same ones from Wilkinson for £15.

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-re...lugs/p/0343066

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Terry
    I got mine from amazon for £12.79 . They are such a help to me, as the nights have become darker and I have got worse with walking

Love Chris

Hi Chris;

I have mine connected to a light, fly killer, heater and sometimes fan in the bed room. In the lounge, I use them for a fan, heater and the wheelchair charger. I have two plugs, one after the other in the lounge on the fan heater for extra safety.

I live in a area that seems to get short power cuts that can affect some remote plugs such as the Status ones and they them need reprogramming, not a big problem if I was well.

The ones from Wilkinsons, and probably others, can be unpluged and moved without having to reprogram them.

Love Terry

Many thanks for the tip Terry!

They sound really useful bits of kit.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Chris;

I have mine connected to a light, fly killer, heater and sometimes fan in the bed room. In the lounge, I use them for a fan, heater and the wheelchair charger. I have two plugs, one after the other in the lounge on the fan heater for extra safety.

I live in a area that seems to get short power cuts that can affect some remote plugs such as the Status ones and they them need reprogramming, not a big problem if I was well.

The ones from Wilkinsons, and probably others, can be unpluged and moved without having to reprogram them.

Love Terry

Hello Terry.

Thanks for the useful info about the remote control wall plugs.

It was interesting that you have one connected to a 'fly killer'. Your home must be more high tech than mine - the only fly killer I have is in a spray can - or sometimes my hubby with a rolled up newspaper to swat them with!

Best wishes to everyone on the forum today.

Kayleigh x

P.S If anyone thinks ' what the heck is going on Kayleigh, haven't you posted this post before?' then you are right I have - I was having a bit of a 'dizzy blonde' moment and deleted it and so am putting it back in again. I am new to this forum and so am still getting used to it - so apologies for any rookie mistakes.