Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remote Controlled Mains Sockets, Tips

Hi Kayleigh;

I sleep by myself down stairs and my arms hands etc don't move to well so using a can spray is virtually impossible to direct.

I have a small ultraviolet light thingy that supposed to electrocutes flying bugs that I can put on if I hear something buzzing around and that saves me from disturbing my wife. Not sure if it works but it gives me a little peace of mind.

I built my house around 22 years ago and it has many gizmos etc built in.

Love Terry

Hello Terry,

That ultraviolet light contraption for killing bugs sounds very handy - especially in the Summer when there seems to be more of those pesky flies around. I know what you mean about the problems with using spray cans - my left hand is getting weaker but right hand is not too bad. I could always try whizzing around in my wheelchair to swat them with a newspaper - but I think that my husband enjoys fly swatting so much (he may not agree with me!) I think I will leave him to it.

Your house sounds great. How wonderful and talented of you to have built it yourself and to have thought putting in different gizmos. Talking of gadgets/gizmos, I watch the Gadget Show on TV to see what is new gadgets are coming out. Recently they said that Soda Streams are being re-launched (remember them?) - I owned one when they were popular in the late 1970's/1980's but the novelty of it soon wore off when I could not be bothered to replace the cartridges that made the drinks fizzy and I don't think the drinks tasted quite the same as the real thing anyway. It ended up being one of those gadgets that was left to gather dust before ending up in the jumble sale. (Jumble sales - another memory from my youth - not sure if they exist anymore?).

Being in your house for 22 years, you must have many, many happy and treasured memories of times spent with family and friends there.

Hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Kayleigh x

Attachment 968

And here is the splendid mansion
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hello Ellie,

Love the picture! For a moment there I thought I was going to see a picture of the Queen's Sandringham Residence! Top Cat has always been one of my favourite cartoons (again on this thread, taking me back to my youth) with my favourite character being Benny - but now I think I have changed my mind - Benny is now joint favourite with another character we all know and love from that show!

I hope you and your family are having a lovely weekend.

Kayleigh x

Hi,

I know Cc"s hubby as benny, he is a very similar age to me, with in a week.

Cc arrange for a cake for my birthday 20180527_204154.jpg

It was very nice but one thing missing, so I cut out a picture and put it on

20180527_203947.jpg

Funny thing Ellie, is that I made something like TCS new dust bin for my boys 25 years ago

Love Terry

Hi Kayleigh

Yes, Sodastream have been reincarnated. No longer the red sphere with a tiny cylinder that came out at parties along with pineapple and cheese on sticks.

https://sodastream.co.uk/products/spirit

Actually, the modern ones are brilliant if you want to save a fortune by not buying fizzy water. A cylinder lasts about 3 months.

Now where did I put that lava lamp and fondue set?

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thanks for the link to the new soda stream. It looks much better than the old version! I might have to put it on my list for gifts from Santa.

Don't forget your flares and platform shoes and put some Abba music on - we will be ready for a dinner party! I remember those cheese fondues. The cheese and pineapple on sticks were always stuck into half an orange to make it look like a hedgehog (I was very young in the 1970's and so it was a time for childrens' birthday parties for me!) Oh yes, fond memories of those days when we could buy half-penny sweets.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 24th November 2018 at 17:49.

Hello all,
    After going a bit 'off topic' yesterday with my memories of the 1970s gadgets etc, I thought I would return back to the original subject of this thread. ......... remote control wall sockets .... they are also available in Argos (3 for £29.99). I do not know how to do that fancy thing on including a link to them on the Argos website, but the item code for them is 707/9216

I might do that cheeky thing of buying them for my hubby for Christmas, although it is really me who wants them!

Going 'off topic' again ......Terry: I love the cake that Cc sent you for your birthday. The cool cat on it looks just like you! It must have been packed very well to arrive in such good condition all the way from America.

Love
    Kayleigh x

Hi Kayleigh;

I would be tempted to get the ones from Wilkinson, £15 for three. https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-re...lugs/p/0343066

But Argos ones might be better. Is your husband worth spending a extra £15 on?????

Love Terry

I sent you instructions in a PM, Kayleigh.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.