Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sleeping alone ?

Hi Lorret, sadly as we live in rented accommodation (our choice) we can't extend so I now sleep in the second lounge which we have converted into my bedroom. My dear wife sleeps upstairs in her bedroom. That way we both get some sleep as we tend to keep each other awake and end up exhausted. As often as we can she comes and sleeps in with me (I have a superking bed all to myself). When she is upstairs we have invested in a baby monitor so I can call for help if I need it.

Hope that helps with another option.

Regards

Mike
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Dude we live in a semi, not sure if the planning covers telling neighbours we have discussed it with them and so far have no problems.
    Mike do you sleep like a starfish? I could stay in bedroom but would like to have the room to stay with Tom if I need to.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/upl...Extensions.pdf

Lorret Not sure if I've sent you this before, but it answers all your questions. My understanding is the maximum size for semi-detached is full width of house and 6mtrs long. It explains about neighbour consultation. It's a courtesy thing, no more. Read every word and you'll feel better. Have you done plan, it tells you what is required, ie distance to boundary etc. You could have California king bed in extension as soon as ready and your son could have your room and if you have a domestic you can have small room. When Tom needs a 'hospital' bed you can have a single or double, space permitting. Have you got a garage attached to house. How many chickens have you got hen ? Dude xo

I had my hospital bed in the lounge, was so lonely on my own, bed now moved into main bedroom and wedged against the marital bed, so much better

Will have a read , no plans yet so I will show Tom's son the thingy you attached dude. The garden is about 25 metres long the chickens 10 hens and one cockeral (how do the hens cope when he suddenly starts shouting in your ear at 5 am)
    Live at the bottom next to son's shed. We don't have a garage not enough space at the side of house. Ox
    Jan I was so upset the original plan had only a single bed and nowhere to fit another.
    Dude how's the panda?

Quote Originally Posted by lorret View Post
    Dude we live in a semi, not sure if the planning covers telling neighbours we have discussed it with them and so far have no problems.
    Mike do you sleep like a starfish? I could stay in bedroom but would like to have the room to stay with Tom if I need to.

We have got used to it now and even though the bed is huge I tend to sleep on the edge as I have always done. I am awake a lot in the night so my wife wasn't getting any sleep so sleeping apart is the only option sadly.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Jan The term 'marital bed' marital bed always makes me laugh. I don't know why. It's like the 'big light'. Good, don't let mnd split you up. Dude x

Lorret Get a wiggle on, it'll be Christmas soon. The info I sent will explain exactly what council man requires on plan. Get plan drawn today and ask council planning adviser if he can come out tomorrow to help because you are struggling to understand stuff, sob sob. lol.
    25 mtrs should be OK if extension. chicken coop and shed don't cover more than 50% of land. You can always eat the livestock, don't tell me they all have names. Panda is fine. Dude xo

Dude you are so mean pixie will not be impressed.sorry garden is 35 metres. I'm still trying to get Tom to tell how much money he has ,see if we can get funding. O o

Lorret The chickens will be fine. There's no reason not to get planning guy out to confirm details. Do that which you can do. The bank will confirm how much money Tom has, easy. Underfloorboard money is Ok. Dude oo