Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Riluzole

Forum Member
    hi dude I started it yesterday and feel awful all my joints hurt don't know ifits the cause, maybe! why did you stop please?

Hi Capri I stopped after 7 years. 2 reason, getting difficult to swallow and to see if it reduced napping - it didn't. Stick with it is my unmedical advice. Google side effects,. Dude.

Dude apparently it has just been produced in liquid form, however my GP couldn't find it on her website. Ann

http://www.mims.co.uk/als-treatment-...rticle/1373701

Hi GA I did hear it was going to be available in liquid, also Neuro said I could break tablet up. I may restart it again. Dude x

Hi Capri;

I would think that is too soon to have a reaction and would perhaps try it for a bit longer. But if you are concerned have a word with your GP and consider stopping it for two weeks and then try again.

I thought that the liquid Riluzole has been available for a couple of years.

Here are some details from Dude's link:-

ALS (Mnd) treatment now available in liquid formulation manufactures are Martindale Pharmaceuticals
    Teglutik is a new liquid formulation of riluzole that can be prescribed to extend life or the time to mechanical ventilation for patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    I delayed starting until my mother had been to stay in case I had side effects. It turned out I don't! Then I assumed the blood test would bring bad news. It didn't. So I seem to be fine taking it. It does seem really quick to have aching joints though. I would read the leaflet in the pack and see what it says about possible side effects. I assumed sickness and things rather than joint problems.

I had no idea there was a liquid form either but when I was given it I was told that if it gets hard to swallow it could be crushed and mixed with a teaspoon of yogurt and then taken quickly. A liquid form would definitely be easier though.

Luckily I can swallow it at the moment anyway. Good Luck with taking it Capri.

Hi Capri .. My friend is going into his 3rd month on Riuzole with no side effects and his bloods ( LFT and FBC ) are fine .. dvd
    Last edited by Dvd; 10th February 2016 at 22:35.

Hi, I've been on it now for two and a half years and have no side effects that I know if. I had the regular bloods taken and all has been well. I really do think it helps with everyday living. However one would never know for sure unless one stopped taking it and I am never going to risk it.