Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC, laptop or ipad

I agree sarah - bit if your short sighted it does not work - i have tried it on 2 occasions and because of my strong prescription it would not work! - I will be buggered when I get to that stage!

John
    http://www.jaded-john.net

First onset Oct 2009, Dx'ed Oct 2010 at the age of 42

Hi John

I'm very short sighted and wear glasses but am fine. I'm using the Tobii PCEye http://www.tobii.com/ui/pages/produc....aspx?id=17397 I think they have addressed the glasses problem with this new version. Have you tried the PCEye? You can contact RSL Steeper http://www.rslsteeper.com/assistive-technology/ if you want to give it a try. I have it attached to my laptop and have a monitor.

Sarah

Hi Miranda, Pete has diagnosed the propblem perfectly. It is hard to keep hands clear of the pad while typing and I would like to find out if it is possible to switch it off, as it is redundant when usung a accessory mouse.

The best mouse

The very best mouse is the Logitech M305. Have a look and try it in your hand, you will love it. There are many others at a lower price but they are mostly rubbish in spite of carrying well known brand names. The batteries last forever and can even be switched off when you are not using the mouse.
    Living with MND. There is a solution to every problem - never ever give up.

Hi everyone

I just want to share my latest blog, 'Tobii Study Day - 29 September 2011' . I gave a talk about my technology story since diagnosis. I hope some of you will find it interesting.

Sarah

Forum Member
    Thanks Sarah - what an example to us all! Who were you speaking to? I have often wondered how professionals dealing with us keep up to date with advances in technology. My netbook with text to speech software causes amazement so how gobsmacked are people when they see you operating your device?

Hi Miranda

They were mainly health professionals. Everyone is amazed by eyegaze. I'm still amazed by it! It's really given me the ability to do so much more, I'm so pleased.

Sarah x

Forum Member
    Hi all,

My husband has an iPad which he uses with a iPad pointer pen wrapped in some kind of foam insert provided by our OT which he says works really well for him. His arms are very weak and fingers don't have much grip to give you an idea of his capabilities.

Our whole family loves the iPad and we all compete to use it but there's loads you can do on it, my husband has just found an app to watch live sport......plus it's small enough to take up to bed with you!

Tracy