Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad has passed away

Forum Member

Dad has passed away

My Dad Harry Peck lost his fight against MND and sucummed to Pneumonia on Monday 23 November 2015. He was 'fortunate' that the MND progressed upwards and too the end retained the power of speech and a sense of humour.
    I would like to thank all of you who have offered advice over the last year and for those regular posters who's contributions we have read, we were the silent majority who have gained comfort from the postings.
    Many thanks to the MNDA who provided invaluable help both practical and supportive.
    Ray

Forum Member
    So sorry to read your sad news. I'm grateful he was speaking right through as with all that MND throws at the sufferer the loss of communication is hard to bare.

Take care of yourself in the days and weeks ahead.

Sorry to hear of your sad news Ray. It is nice that Harry could express his feelings etc.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Dear Ray,

I am sorry to learn of the passing of your dad. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I am relieved to hear that your shone through his MND to the very end.

R.I.P Harry

Graham

Hello Ray,

I'm sorry to hear that you're dad has lost his battle with MND. It is often that pneumonia takes over but it must have been comforting that he could communicate and retain a sense of humour throughout his battle. My condolences to you and your family.

R.I.P. Harry Peck
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hi
    So sorry to hear about your dad passing. Take care of you now.
    Best regards
    Sylvia

Very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing Ray, thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

Dave..

Ray, I'm really sorry to read this news. My condolences to you and the family.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply to my PM at such a sad time for you, I appreciate it.

RIP Harry.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Hi Ray
    So sorry to hear your sad new. Condolences to you and your family
    RIP Harry
    Sarah

Sorry to hear your sad news Ray. Condolences to you. xx Becky