Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Forum Member

Merry Christmas

Hello to you All old and new,

You are never far from my thoughts. Today I cast my mind back to this time last year, when we raised our glasses. God Bless you all. Merry Christmas to all you lovely people. springtime xxxxx
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Same to you and all Spring. I will toast all of the MND family and carers when we sit down to dinner tonight, assuming I get off my bum and start preparing.

Love
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Happy Christmas, Jane. Hope you have a very special time. Much love. Joycie. Xx

Forum Member
    Hi Joycie
    I keep meaning to say how much I admire your spirit ,strength and do hope things start to settle for you.I've gone off my legs over the last 3 weeks and thinking of your courage and others on the forum.It's given me a real push,even though I'm struggling with starting to accept another stage of my mnd.To get down the stairs yesterday for the last time I had to use my bath lift at the top of the stairs to lower me down on to the top step, with my husband behind me lifting me down to the next step and my brother at the front of me to stop me slipping to quickly on the satin sheet down the stairs.I knew yesterday ,I can't put others at risk never mind myself and need to move down stairs. It's my second day to move into the living room,bed,commode and little me is struggling with my loss of my personal space and privacy.Awaiting the garage conversion hopefully by March and I just can't wait.So a big thank you for being you and with everyone's fab support,I must try and get on with it. xxx dippy

Dippy Why not hire a stairlift to maintain access to upstairs. Dude x

Hi Sping,

So nice that you have popped in to say hello. I have been in a very bad way with a MAN cold for six days but improved so much yesterday and still in bed this morning after 10 hours sleep. So it will take a while to get rid of the congestion and phlegm but I can enjoy life again now.

Trust that you are keeping well.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Oh Terry, not good. Have you missed out on Xmas though?
    Hope you are up and about now.
    Mags xx

Forum Member
    Hi Dude
    We had an extension about 5 years ago and at the top of the stairs its splits and they have said we are unable to have a stair lift.
    dippy
    xx

Like many of us it was our worst Christmas ever. I have been up and about but didn't sleep for more than twenty minutes for three days and nights apart form two hours once. I was coughing and chocking most of the time and was overheated even in a cold room with the summer fan on.

I did have an hour Christmas day when I felt a bit normal and that was so nice. I am so ,much better now but my poor wife has the virous now.

Cc sent me a smallish box, I called it Christmas in a box, it was wonderful with so many things in it, it was like Doctor Who's Tardis, my wife was showing more and more things from it, and they are nice american things.

I did eat a couple of tea spoons of food at Christmas dinner time which later started making me need more food. With nothing much normal for a few days it was pleasing to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

We didn't have much planned for Christmas time which was just as well this year.

Looking forward to getting back to normal now so I guess I'm lucky not to have any other problems other than perhaps a week of congestion. I had a similar cold nearly three years ago but this time it was so much worse as I was afraid to sleep because of chocking.

Anyway that's past, so nice to actually solid sleep for four hours and other periods of two hours last night.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Joycie;

Sorry to hear that your Christmas was not good because of perhaps different reasons. I wish you could see a light light as well.

Love Terry