Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merry Christmas

Hi Dippy Who said you couldn't fit a stairlift. Are you saying at top of stairs you turn left straight into extension and turn right into your bathroom , for example, If stairlift has to go around corner for safety, just take a door off. Dude x

Forum Member
    Hi Dude
    We turn left at the top of the stairs to go to the bathroom and right into the extension,the OT said they didn't think it would be an option.They were gonig to find out and maybe ask the mnda to help with funding one if it was possible.
    Dippy xx

.. My cousin who was terminally ill with cancer ( she has now passed on ,) was only given 6 months to live at the time of her diagnosis . she was sleeping in a room downstairs due to the fact that she could not climb the stairs .. Her bathroom was up the stairs and her daughter asked could they install a stair lift as she was doubly incontinent .. She was told no they could not install a stair lift but would get a ground floor extension built for a bathroom ....How on earth would that have been passed by building control then built etc etc etc in that time frame .. Sometimes I wonder if these decision makers live in the real world .. DVD

Hi Dippy OT are not right people t o decide, prob thinking too far ahead to MND & stairlift are not long term, but you onlywant it for 3 months. They are not expensive either. Dude x

Hi Dippy Was it OT who also advised on thru-floor lift. If you have a 2 storey extension then you should be able to have 1. Mine covers just 2 mtrs x 1 mtr. lay that size out using string or wool on the floor to see how much room it takes up. You will be surprised. It allows you to use all the house and is quicker and easier to install than bathroom and you keep the garage. Dude x

Forum Member
    Sorry mine is a little late.
    I've been lucky to receive many invitations and have been to family and friends so far and not been on my own much since Kevin's funeral so not had many moments to look in to say Hi to you all.

Merry Xmas to all my old friends and to all the new people on here.

I hope you all have the New Year celebrations you want for yourself.

XxX

Good to hear from you Night walker.

|Hope you move on in the new year.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.