Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets make new friends!

LEC5552003

Lets make new friends!

Hey all!

I am a 25 yr old guy who got diagnosed with PLS MND June this year. Hopefully make sum gd friends on here who really understand wot we all go thru on a daily basis. My legs failed first so standing and transfering is hardest for me, but wot I have fnd harder is my arms now failing badly. I don't know if ne1 here has ever felt like they're alone but especially at my age it is hard to get my head rnd this day to day. Hopefully I will meet sum1else who understands my mental pain in coping with this attrotious disease.

Martin

Forum Member
    Welcome Martin!
    Though not sufferring from MND wanted to let you know we're thinking and rooting for you

LEC5552003
    Hey thanx gd to hear from u

Hi Martin, welcome

Forum Member
    No probs - the answer might be found in a multi million pound piece of medical equipment, or at the bottom of a 99 pence test tube, but the answer will be found

hope
    Hii....just hope we can find the answer soon

LEC5552003
    Ye hoping n praying 4 a cure asap. Gotta believe i guess. Any suggestions on how to cope till then r welcome

Forum Member
    Hi Martin,

There are plenty of people here and on the Build-UK site that are firmly on your side, we all hate MND and are commited to fight it.

Being left by fair-weather friends in our routine lives is common, but as you say new ones are to be found. Speak to your local MND Association and arrange for a MND visitor.

PLS dx is not as aggresive as ALS so the doctors say. I am 3 years into PLS turning ALS.

Best wishes

Graham

LEC5552003
    I am sorry to hear u have had this disease 3 yrs must be tough going. how bad is it at the moment? The MNDA are arranging a visitor asap.

Forum Member
    Hi Martin,

It is and has been tough. I've had to wind up my business, can't walk, speak clearly, write. Had a crisis of breathing and blue fingers.

In the face of the doctors not holding out much hope, I can see and feel my body recovering, it shouldn't happen but it is.

Use your youth and strength as much as you can to resist. Treatment is closer to hand than ever before.

Best wishes

Graham