Thread: deafness!

missmuffett

deafness!

I have ALS and now have been told i have developed Bulbar ,but both my ears seem to be blocked.My hearing is muffled to say the least!I wonder if it is me personally needing my ears syringed (HAHA!) or if anyone else has this problem?
    I have to have thickened fluids as my swallowing has been gradually worsening,my voice is croaky and slurry,but its the deafness thats driving me mad!Help !

Hi Missmuffet,

SOUNDS like you need your ears cleared. I doubt that it's anything to do with Mnd.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi miss muffet,, when my dads speech and swallowing was affected he did have problem with his ears,, he said the feeling was like he was under water,, sometimes he had like we popping sounds,, but this has gone away,, we asked mnd nurse and she said sometimes people with pbp mnd get this sometimes ,, so maybe it will pass for you soon ..... Katrina x

missmuffett
    Thanks for replies ,guys!
    Katrina,what your dad describes ,that is exctly how it seems.Just as though i am underwater.It does make my hearing sometimes go fuzzy,but then days later it can be clear again.Hope it does pass soon.

Hi miss muffet,, I think it might very well pass for you,, as dad had this mainly at the start,, he would have it for a few days then it would be fine and it went like that for a few months of that,, now he seems to be fine and his hearing is ok,, he did say it was like being under water,, he also said something about it felt a wee bit like when your on a plane and your ears need to pop,, don't know if you've had that,,, so try not to worry to much,, I'm sure it will be back soon .... Katrina x

missmuffett
    deafness suddenly went a week or so back!hurray!

That's good news miss muffet,, I had a feeling it might just be a passing thing .... Katrina x

That's good too HEAR Missmuffett;

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Dude
    What ?