Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on toilet, etc for wet room

Dude
    Sue Now is the time to adapt the bathroom for long term progression, that way you will save the worry of rushing it. You can simply raise the floor to get the fall on drains. Dude x

JRCat
    Dude

We live in a complex old house with a Y staircase, so a through floor is just not possible due to the layout of the house and the old beams (plus we would need two for her to use the main bathroom and our bedroom).

James

Dude
    Ok James So your bedroom and bathroom are on different levels. Bridge ramp ?. Dude.

JRCat
    Dude

You have to go down one stairs and up another one to get from one to the other! We have an ensuite next to the bedroom, but it is far too small to turn into a wet room. Even if we switched to the bedroom that is up the same stairs as the main bathroom we would never get a lift into the house. It is far easier to create a new wet room and bedroom downstairs, as we have a spare room downstairs that we can convert (my old office - which is now in a small bedroom upstairs)

James

Dude
    James Many people on this forum have dismissed lift out of hand without consulting a lift company. I started off by saying I have an en-suite bathroom so I'll just get a lift. The bathroom needed minimal alteration and the lift took 2 days to fit. You need 1.5 mtr x 1 mtr floor space for a lift. Food for thought. No reply needed. Dude.

Hi Dude
    know we will need to do something, son is a plumber so I am sure we will come up with a solution.

Sue

Dude
    Trust me I'm a plumber lol x