Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anti depressants

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Hi Kat We got a sprinkling of snow today. You got any. It's Dad's choice peg or Ensure, simples. I don't plan on getting a peg fitted. Get 3 Ensure from Chemist for him to try. Strawberry is best. That's the only flavour I have. I have 3 orange squash and 6 brews. Dude x
    Hi dude... We've got some snow on the hills, not much where I am though, I love the snow, not when it goes all slushy though, can I ask is it bulbar PLS you have?, we've got the doctors this week to get the patches so will ask about the ensure or fortisip at the same time, il get a few diff flavours and see what he likes .. Thanks ... Kat x

Kat I have mnd bulbar onset (Progressive bulbar palsy). Maybe they have haggis flavoured Ensure or mix with porridge lol. Dude x

Hi dude,, that made me laugh haha!.... That's the one dad has aswell... Kat x

Kat If you don't laugh you'll cry. It's a fine line bonny lass. McDude xx
    Below reminds me of McTavish's kitchen in Fort William many moons ago, enjoy.

http://www.darachweb.net/SongLyrics/JeelyPieceSong.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7SAPmcwXA

Forum Member
    Hi Jan Q
    I have had mnd/als since April last year,but I have had it approx two years and in my 3rd year.My upper and lower limbs are affected,just in the last 6 weeks or so legs have are so weak and are they are giving up.Was advised by physio and ot last week,to just weight bare to transfer to wheel chair,commode etc.So walking for me is a no no,I had tried to walk a little each day in the living room and they are fearful of me falling.My last appointment to QE I did ask about when should I have a peg,I do not struggle at the moment with food or fluids and was advised don't have it now.She doesn't advise it until it's needed.I think everyone is different,but I think you will know yourself when you need it.We are all on such different,personal journeys and I think it's great to have everyone here to help us my these difficult life changes.I think find out as much as you can about the procedure,what to expect and you will be well informed to make your own decision.I do think your doing fab and I think all of us together on here are a fab team xxx dippy

That's very true Dude,,, good wee tune lol ... Kat x

Hi Katrina36.
    Reading your posts you mentioned that your dad wanted to 'leave as he came in'. Has he considered having the RIG fitted? The RIG is held in the stomach by a balloon and easily removed unlike the PEG....you just need to deflate the balloon with a syringe and pull the RIG out. My mum has PBP and had a RIG inserted when she was struggling with fluid intake and therefore becoming dehydrated (she was still eating soft food) she topped up with ensure via the RIG for extra calories.

Hi Dippy,thanks for your reply, I am grateful for your help, I am totally dependent on my wheelchair now too as like yourself the biggest worry is that we have a fall. I am also under the consultant at the QE now the difference with my advice from my nurse was they suggested that I have the peg fitted now,but as I am still eating although not quite as easily I would rather carry on like I am. It makes my decision more difficult when they have different opinion doesn't it, so still in a quandary. Thank you once again for your reply it really does help that we can talk these things through with each other xxxx love Jan Q.

Forum Member
    Hi Jan
    As you know, I have the peg, fitted beginning of November. I still just use it for fluids and meds. The reason I took the nuerologists advice was they kept saying its best to have it done now as its not good to have it done as an emergency . The only reason I had it done was was because my breathing wasn't too bad and they say they will only do the peg procedure if you can lay flat for half an hour and breath ok.
    But if you can't, then they do the rig under xray.
    Maybe I had peg done a wee bit early but glad now, as taking fluid is so much less stressful through it. I can't take thickner in my drink.
    It's a difficult choice when to have it done. Often there is a waiting list, I guess all areas differ, my one was about a two months wait.
    Mags xx