Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Bum

Hot Bum

I knew that would get your attention........

Does anyone else sit on a leather chair most of the day and get a hot bum

I've tried lots things, sit on a cushion, towel, change types trouser, tracksuits no joy

Any sensible suggestion most welcome

Ta

Hi Dean;

I sometimes put a towel under neath mainly to stop my legs sweating where they touch the chair. It might sound crazy, but if you get a chance try a sheep skin over the chair, it is said to be very comfortable.

On my wheelchair, I was going to fit some air blower tubing to cool my bum in summer but as the Mnd progresses it doesn't seem so much of a problem. I did buy a car seat cover from Maplin that should have put air under there and your back but it was useless.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Dean I assume chair is a recliner so weight is distributed. My recliner is cloth covered, I wear just boxers and have a clean towel on chair which I change every 3 or 4 days. Dude x

Forum Member
    Hello Dean

I had this very thing District nurses say it is caused by sitting too long in one place - ever present danger of pressure sorest

They have been today.

Coming on Friday to fit a repose cushion on the chair! Apparently, it has to be fitted and blown up with aIr to keep it inflated!

I have fought against an air mattress on the bed for long enough but I am terrified of pressure sores and they are ordering one! Should be here next week

It might be worth getting district nurses in for advice

They also said go back to bed for the afternoon to break the cycle of all day in the chair! I don't fancy that much!

We will see!

Much love

Joycie
    Last edited by willsandco; 13th January 2016 at 15:17.

Forum Member
    Hi DeanM Terry is right, sheep skin was recommended to me for my husband, and it is supposed to be good for preventing pressure sores. It's also comfy! Trish

Hi Dean,

Your post certainly got my attention. I have noticed the same thing over the past few weeks and I only got my leather recliner in November. Yes I am sitting more of late but I will certainly buy a sheepskin soon. Thanks for starting this thread and especially to Terry for his ever useful knowledge.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hello Barry

Our OT got us the green sheepskin rug we have, might be worth asking him/her

Much love

Joycie x

Thanks for the tip Joycie. I don't think Sue will approve of the green one (ha ha). I will enquire.

Love
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi all

Thanks for the replies there all great

I'll get onto my OT and check out sheepskin in the mean

Cheers

Tell us the results Dean;

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.