Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recording video messages for children

Forum Member
    Hello all- just wanted to write a quick line to update about my project.

As many of you know, last Thursday was 'Young Carers Awareness Day' and I sent out a number of tweets about my experiences of being a young carer which were incredibly well received! The MNDA helped to share these tweets and also information about my project which I am incredibly grateful for! I have also popped into a few local branches to talk about my experiences and project and am so grateful for the warm welcome I have been given!

I just want to let people know that I am still seeking participants (for each of the 3 phases) to talk about their experiences of creating/using a digital legacy.

Best wishes (...and thanks for your time to read this!)

Olly

Forum Member
    Hi Olly
    I have given some thought to your work , making recordings for young ones and would like to find out more about it.

I have mnd and I'm in the process of getting memory boxes together for my 2 children and think I would like to be involved with your project.

Dippy
    xxxx

Forum Member
    Hi Dippy, thanks for your reply- I have just sent you a private message so should be with you shortly

http://www.mndcheshire.org/4.html

Nice one Olly. Dude

Forum Member
    Keep up the good work Olly.

CCxx

Forum Member
    Thank you Dude and CC!

Still looking for people who are interested so please feel free to help 'spread the word' and share!

Take care,
    Olly x

Forum Member
    Hello all,

Just finished a YouTube video to help raise awareness of my project.

Keen to find out your thoughts! https://youtu.be/uNWeQmJmFCY

Olly

Hi Olly;

It is quite good but I would like to see more of you as you appear a bit compressed. That is hard in a landscape view but might be better side by side???

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Olly

It’s a fantastic brilliant idea what you’re doing.

There was a woman who made the news years ago who had a terminal cancer, and she had a young daughter. This woman made recorded videos of herself speaking to her daughter for different ages, and stages of her daughter’s life because she knew she wasn’t going to be there for them ie. daughter’s sweet 16, graduation, wedding etc…a beautiful gift to give, and leave behind in my opinion.

Well done on what you are accomplishing. I also agree with Terry’s comments you do seem a bit compressed in video, and think it would be more effective to see all of you. I thought it was great opening it with the IBC videos, it makes people remember, and relate to the cause and the fight against this illness.

Maybe you can team up with MND organizations to help you reach more people to participate.

Good luck, and much success to you. You’re doing much good, it’s a great way to help those living with this illness, and loved ones cope, and carry on.

CCxx