What's novel 'The coalmans' daughter'. X

Is anyone awake?.... Katrina x

I am tho for not much longer x. Can't you sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina36 View Post
    Is anyone awake?.... Katrina x

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    I am tho for not much longer x. Can't you sleep
    Hi, no I can't sleep ... Feel really really down ... Katrina x

Hi Katrina, sorry that you are feeling down ,I have been there over last few weeks,whatever happens to take us there we surely don't need it on top of what we are already battling with. A` friend `of mine didn't help, by saying pick yourself up and be positive, it really hits the wrong buttons when I am told that, as if we want to be in this place and as if we aren't trying. Sleeping is a problem from the amount of people who seem to be in the same place, I usually make a cup of tea and read the forum till I can try again. I hope you feel little better soon, xx Jan Q.

I'm awake, another day in paradise. Dude x

Hi Katrina I'm sorry I missed your reply, I waited awhile and then dropped off, sorry. Sorry too that you felt down, middle of night is not the best time as ones mind works overtime. I've tried to stay ahead of MND but I think it's catching up now. I refuse to think what's ahead as I know only too well, but my husband checks me out all the time now so that can make one feel one is losing it, however I wouldn't be without him, we have our 50th wedding anniversary next month - so where did all those years go. I'm as surprised today as I am about MND (where did that come from) and turning 70 (how did that happen) life is what it is and no amount of trying to change certain things makes any difference. So onwards and upwards, we can only do our best. Xxx

Hi, sorry never realised you had replied, although I've been on this site a while, I've still not worked out how to find a post that disappears that you've posted on once it disappears from the main new posts page, only found this again by scrolling through my stuff.. I appreciate any answers anyone gives me, even if I can't find it straight away, if that makes sense... Katrina x

Forum Member
    Hi all,
    I've just joined this forum as one of my very best friends(age 40) was diagnosed with mnd 18 months ago, after a year of symptoms that suggested mnd. I am 'enjoying' reding carers and mnd sufferers posts as basically I can relate, sympathise, empathise with you all. I am hoping she will join as I think it's a fab forum with fab people, but I guess fear or denial gets in the way. I will be using this whilst at her side as basically the nhs services have been pretty crap, fantastic in thaw first month of diagnosis and then kinda disappeared! Her gp and professor in sheffield have been great. She is doing remarkably well considering, she has 3 children under 10 whom are unaware, a fantastic husband and supportive family and friends, thankgod. This is an awful 'disease' and one hell of a physical and emotional roller coaster for us all. All the best and thAnkyou x

Forum Member
    I am so pleased you joined. I do hope your friend will join too. I can't tell you how enchanted I am that I found this forum and the many supportive people around. It can be hard to join though. Unless you do you can't possibly know how good it is.

I am just sorry that although your friend's GP and professor have been good the rest of the services haven't been. I am still furious that it seems so much of a postcode lottery.

Welcome to the forum.