Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saliva drops and patches advice needed

Hi Katrina .. Reading back on some postings some people take kwells ( used for travel sickness ) to dry the saliva so if the patches or drops are not suitable enquire about the kwells .. My friend uses the patches with no side effect but he does not have them on permanently .. When he feels the saliva is not as bad (dried up a bit) and before he gets to dry he stops the patches ...he tries to go as long as possible before he uses another patch .. DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina36 View Post
    Hi Steve.... Il need to keep an eye out for side affects then... What tablets do you take for it?... Dads quite bad with saliva,, it's like a waterfall.... Feel bad for him.... Katrina c
    Buscopan and glycopiralate.
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

The glyco is good stuff, I find it works well.
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

Hi mama ducks ..... Il bear that in mind when trying them with dad, do you think maybe it's worthwhile maybe trying a quarter patch and build it up?

Hi dvd,, il give that a try and see how it goes, good idea taking it off for a bit and waiting until the next one is needed rather than just leaving it on.

Hi Steve, I'm going to note down those names off stuff and see how it goes then can always come to them if need be.

I'm guessing everyone is different to what they can and cannot tolerate, side effects etc.. Will need to see how these things go ... Thanks guys ..... Katrina x

Sauna sounds better Kat, your place or mine lol. Dude x

Hi Katrina.
    Yes......starting small and building up would be a good idea.
    Good Luck and I hope your dad finds something that works............we have shares in Kleenex!!!!
    MDD x

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Sauna sounds better Kat, your place or mine lol. Dude x
    Sauna definitely sounds better,, I'm easy where lol ... Kat x

Hi mdd,, def going to start small and work up the way,, maybe he's better off with Kleenex lol.. I'm just trying to try and help him with all his symptoms as much as I can to make it easier on him... Katrina x

Hi Dude, I have just been given the patches to try but was warned they dry mouth somewhat,I started with a half one as advised by my SALT therapist. I have had a couple times in night very dry to almost feeling I am choking. ,sipped a little water to help. I am going to try them for a while to see how I go. By the way the paperwork with them tells you they are for travel sickness, must be similar to kwells do you think? xx. Jan Q.

Hi if you are getting a dry mouth then I have some tiny tablets from GP called SST relief of a dry mouth. Pop one in and allow to dissolve on tongue and it helps. Ann