Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A voice at last

Cool A voice at last

Hello everyone,

Today is a good day as my SALT delivered an iPad with predictable speech app. You may recall that I recorded my voice last January but the university hospital has not supplied a recording despite me and my salt nagging. As a backup I also recorded online with modeltalker and today for the first time, I am able to hear the sound of my own voice (boo they cried, we prefer you quiet). It is definitely me, albeit a little slow but discernible.

I will now be occupied by typing and storing well used phrases like who's turn is it to buy the next round.

Hope everyone is having a decent day as I wish to share my happiness with you all.

Love
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Barry
    I like sharing a bit of happiness, thank you. Good days are always worth celebrating

Wendy

Hi Barry,,, that's great news, it's always nice to hear a happy story ... You won't be off the thing now.. Good for you ..... Katrina X

P.s. How did you get on with tens machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Today is a good day as my SALT delivered an iPad with predictable speech app. You may recall that I recorded my voice last January but the university hospital has not supplied a recording despite me and my salt nagging. As a backup I also recorded online with modeltalker and today for the first time, I am able to hear the sound of my own voice (boo they cried, we prefer you quiet). It is definitely me, albeit a little slow but discernible.

I will now be occupied by typing and storing well used phrases like who's turn is it to buy the next round.

Hope everyone is having a decent day as I wish to share my happiness with you all.

Love
    Barry
    Hi Barry,

Good to hear you have a voice at last,,I have forgotten what I sounded like,but thinking back I had a brummie accent so the family remember it well, if I had sounded like Anthony Hopkins or Richard Burton ,but alas more like Jasper Carrot, so no great loss I think.

Regards
    Pete

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Love
    Barry
    That is really good news! Thank you for sharing it and I am happy to hear you are having such a good day! xx

Forum Member
    Hi Barry,
    Glad for you, must be so much better using your own voice.
    By the time I was diagnosed, it was too late to bank my voice. I actually watched an old video of me speaking and i really felt weird.
    Have fun settng it up
    Mags xx

Forum Member
    Well, at last you are sorted!

I have compiled a folder of personal funny stories and before my voice went completely, I recorded four reminiscences onto a dictaphone machine. Not soon enough for predictable, sadly!

That is good news

Much love

Joycie xx

Great Barry;

I don't know if anyone has done it successfully here.

I think that slower voices are a bit easier to understand.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Like John Wayne Tel.

Forum Member
    Barry, that is absolutely wonderful news. I feel really excited for you.

I finished recording my voice with modeltalker yesterday (thanks entirely to your suggesting it) so I will be agog to see how I sound when I get it sorted. Slow but also definitely me I think, albeit slightly slurred as well sadly. I wish I had known about doing something like that back in September when i first knew what might be wrong but we went for hoping it wasn't until diagnosed.

I really am SO thrilled for you Barry.