Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suction machine

Hey dude,, dad is still ramming the food in or trying too, we've got an appt next week with the dietician, he's decided after all to go for the peg, do will be asking about the ensure drinks also at that appointment... I imagine you'll have plenty time on that perch ...... Katrina x

Hi Kat Great that dad is having a peg. Don't wait for dietician, get gp to prescibe . it's not rocket science. 5 a day, sorted. Dude x
    Get dad a recliner.

Hi Dude, I've got an appointment with GP this afternoon so will ask then, I'm glad he's agreed to the peg though,, I was speaking to mum about getting dad a recliner chair today... Is there any good ones you know off?... Kat?

Forum Member
    Contact MNDA. We have a riser recliner chair on loan

Re the suction machine, don't use it until it is demonstrated - you need to see how to use the catheters

Love

Joycie

Good stuff Kat. I got mine from local disability store. Make sure dad sits in it before you buy and ask for at least 20% off. Dude x

Hi joycie, I'm going to ask on Monday at out appointment about it, never really thought of contacting mnda for recliner, I've only ever spoke to them for recipe book, not sure what hey actually do to be honest..... Katrina x

Hey dude, il have a look for one and see what there is then, is getting one that tilts you forward aswell as back possible or is that too dangerous for further down the line?..... Kat x

Kat They all are pretty much the same. Mine almost lies down and goes forward to about 45 degrees. Dude x

Hey dude, sounds like I could do with one off them myself,, il have a look around and see what I can find,, thanks Kat x

Yeh Kat , get 2. My sleepover carers chill out in mine. The tipping forward motion is very handy for standing up now, for rollator and being transferred later with Etac patient turner. 1 point with chair just go for control with up & down. You can get ones with 6 buttons on but you can't use 1 handed.Dude x