Thread: Painful ribs

Painful ribs

Does any one else suffer? I feel like I am folding in two, can't seem to keep myself upright and after a few mouths of food I feel so full up

Hi Jan,, my dad gets that feeling, he says he gets a pain at the lower part of rib cage and it's almost like a cramp, he says it's very painful.... Katrina x

Forum Member
    Jan I have had a pain unfder my left ribs for two weeks now. I don't know if the accompanying breathlessness emanates from that or is it the start of the diaphragm muscle weakening.

plus my nose keeps running or is blocked - one thing I never wanted!

are you breathless?

Love

Joycie

Breathless yes, also keep coughing as soon as I exert myself, trying to keep with the bipap but it's not easy with coughing

Hi Jan, I have been struggling with the discomfort in my abdomen for the duration since before diagnosis,I try to stand up but unless I push myself up and hold on my body collapses over till I am bent double. I was told that my core muscle ie my diaphragm has collapsed and is just wobbly and could cause my lungs to not function properly in the process.I also have the pain under ribs. I was told that this is all down to my MND. X JAN Q

Hi Jan - I've just been on a cruise to Norway and I fell over on my camera so, yes, my ribs hurt. Actually the stary thing was trying to breath in after winding myself. I had this problem when I was sick in August - after vomiting I couldn't breath in. BC